cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build..Parts on the way!

Frycook
Level 7
This is my new build..Also my first. I am 100% noob in building. I have bought a few gaming rigs and wanted to try my own.
I have already ordered this and it is on its way. Let me know what i did wrong and what i need to change please.

Level 10 gt
I5 2500k
maximus extreme-z
asus gtx 570 dcii
cpu cooler TT spinq vt
g. skill ripjaws 1600 Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL..... might have got the wrong ones
2 samsung 830 64gb ssd
seagate barracuda 500gb
seasonic x-1050 psu
ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD

let me know what you think and where i messed up.
also i'm kinda scared about running raid 0 now. was going to raid the two samsungs for boot up and store games on the
seagate. should i run boot up off the seagate and games on the samsungs?
Thanks alot yall
also i know that psu is an overkill but will add on more gpu's and monitors later. (if i don't wreck this too bad first)
10 REPLIES 10

Retired
Not applicable
No, its not overkill.. If you want to run an extra high-end gpu later, you will need it.. And keeping OC on all..

Its better to be some + on the psu, the Voltage is not always stable, when pushing less powerful psu's, with heavy gear..

😄

I Love that I5, Its sooo much power for the penny........ And overclock easy..

I dont know why, but people recommend and buy (at least i think so), to weak psu's for their equipment.. Sure it works. BUT

Once i find a good working psu, i keep it, and use it for many years.. Its worth the xtra 40 usd in the long run..

And hell YES...... Parts on the way!!!!!!!!!! SCREW Santa........ I know that FEELING........:cool:

grottslampan wrote:
No, its not overkill.. If you want to run an extra high-end gpu later, you will need it.. And keeping OC on all..

Its better to be some + on the psu, the Voltage is not always stable, when pushing less powerful psu's, with heavy gear..

😄

I Love that I5, Its sooo much power for the penny........ And overclock easy..

I dont know why, but people recommend and buy (at least i think so), to weak psu's for their equipment.. Sure it works. BUT

Once i find a good working psu, i keep it, and use it for many years.. Its worth the xtra 40 usd in the long run..

And hell YES...... Parts on the way!!!!!!!!!! SCREW Santa........ I know that FEELING........:cool:

Yeah why wait for santa.. haha...so i5 for gaming?

trailer_park_bo
Level 7
i always go big on the psu,why build a monster truck and put a lawnmower engine in it

trailer park boy wrote:
i always go big on the psu,why build a monster truck and put a lawnmower engine in it

i guess thats like saying..why date a small girl when you can have her sister... haha! thanks man.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Those samsungs are the sweetest things you will own. They make the whole combination you have put together top in my book. Run your RAID for OS and applications. Use the other mechanical drive for the bulk storage. There are a couple of really good guides here on ROG. Go have a look in the article section.

Very sweet set up.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Those samsungs are the sweetest things you will own. They make the whole combination you have put together top in my book. Run your RAID for OS and applications. Use the other mechanical drive for the bulk storage. There are a couple of really good guides here on ROG. Go have a look in the article section.

Very sweet set up.

so the raid0 will be safe with the samsungs then? the fact that i lose a ssd i have lost both scares me. that is why i went with the samsungs. thanks for your input i appreciate it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I use Samsung in my Enterprise builds. These guys do not want any failures. I really rate them.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

@hivizman

K..Thanks.. Been reading on raid0..should be quick boot up and apps.. I should run my games off my other drive..right? is the 500gb seagate ok or should i drop a few more coins for something else and run a raid on that also? Sorry for the questions i'm just kinda confused on that whole set up thing.. this is going to be a strictly "gaming" pc and "watching movies on" pc, nothing else. So i realize that anything i loose due to a bad hard drive will be easily recovered.. I just want a good set up for games and to watch movies on.. "but bad ass gaming" mostly.

Retired
Not applicable
Watch up for this Santa, he's up 2 nooo good........:rolleyes: