Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fans surging to 100% whenever temp is above 75 degrees

ERAYXRAY
Level 7
Hi guys,

My card worked perfectly at first

Then lately no matter how what speed i fans to, after about 75 degrees temp the fans surg on and off to 100% fan speed. This up and down is extreme annoying and defeats the purpose of a quiet card.

The fan controller states its giving a steady low fan speed but the tachometer says soemthing entirely different.

I've tried
-running it at stock with no monitoring program after afterburner
-setting a fixed an speed
-reinstalling windows and all drivers
-removing and reseating the card

None of these have worked and I am tearing my hair out. Any advice please?

I am attempted to think my fan controller is broken and some local part of the card is overheating forcing this fan speed, but its so specific it almost feels like its a settings problem.

4 REPLIES 4

mdzcpa
Level 12
What card do you have? Have you tried GPU tweak and set your custom fan curves?

mdzcpa wrote:
What card do you have? Have you tried GPU tweak and set your custom fan curves?

I've tried gpu tweak, afterburner, custom fan curves, fixed fan speeds, no program at all

As soon as the card hits 75C ish the fans surg in and out of 100%

as the picture shows, the fan program states the fan is running at like 60% but the tachometer shows it is spinning in and out of 100%

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
ERAYXRAY wrote:

I've tried
-running it at stock with no monitoring program after afterburner
-setting a fixed an speed
-reinstalling windows and all drivers
-removing and reseating the card

Hello,

Just to be clear, on a fresh install, have you tried running the card up with only the display driver and no utilities? You say no monitoring after afterburner. Need to rule out any conflict there.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have the same problem and it keeps getting worse. Two weeks ago the issue happened at around 78°C now it's already happening at 69°C. I've send my card into RMA today.