cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-AC5300 transfer speeds to storage drive

Mrcold39
Level 7
Hi Everyone,
ive notices a difference in data speeds when moving things from my PC hard drive to the external drive connected to my router. It's a USB 3.0 drive and im moving files from an internal SSD. sometimes after rebooting the router the transfer speeds will show 50-55 MBs and other times, like right now, it transfers at 8 to 9 MBs. is there something i can do to keep the higher transfer rate consistently?

any help is appreciated,

thanks
2 REPLIES 2

excalibure
Level 7
Mrcold39 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
ive notices a difference in data speeds when moving things from my PC hard drive to the external drive connected to my router. It's a USB 3.0 drive and im moving files from an internal SSD. sometimes after rebooting the router the transfer speeds will show 50-55 MBs and other times, like right now, it transfers at 8 to 9 MBs. is there something i can do to keep the higher transfer rate consistently?

any help is appreciated,

thanks

I've noticed the same issue. I have a gigabit network and can transfer large file from a desktop to a NAS at about 800Mb/s. If I try to access a SSD connected to the USB3 port of the RT-AC5300, the transfer rate drops to a crawl (10-20Mb/s). Is this normal. There isnt much I can do to improve the transfer rate.

Help

chuckwi11
Level 7
ARM Dual Core CPU @1.4Ghz and 512MB ram not exactly desktop or even laptop specs so it will bottle neck much faster by comparison.

What kind of files are you transferring?

You don't mention how may devices you have hard connected and wireless connected while you are trying to do this transfer. Running a
VPN server/client? FTP server? Samba?

Great router but as a file server/media server not exactly built to handle all simultaneously.