cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Alpha memory issues on 0405

whiskey-foxtrot
Level 8
So I've had zero issues with my memory G.Skill 3200MHz CL16 since I got the board in late January; it still had the original BIOS 0204 and I haven't upgraded the BIOS to 0405 till today.

Now I'm unable to switch higher than 2666; I tried going to the public posted one (0207) with the same issues.

Does anyone have all 8 ram slots filled on the 0405 BIOS and still achieve 3200MHz? or does anyone know how to get a copy of the 0204 BIOS which worked fine for everything I do.

https://i.imgur.com/AlePnib.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

whiskey-foxtrot
Level 8
Well, got it working finally. After specifically entering in the mem voltages for both channels it booted up just fine. Didn't have to do that on the original BIOS, but I'm back at 3200MHz and everything's running stable.

macmus
Level 7
If you are getting 3200 on all sticks you need to really test it for error with some software.. i cannot belive that value is even remote to stable.

macmus wrote:
If you are getting 3200 on all sticks you need to really test it for error with some software.. i cannot belive that value is even remote to stable.

Oh it's been stable ever since in my daily workloads (heavy 3D Rendering jobs in Blender, C4D, AE, Maya) - but of course I ran various tests OCCT (18+ hours), memtest86 20+ passes, and the basic ones like Aida64Extreme 8+ hours.

I stream (game and encode on this PC) as well - no issues.

gupsterg
Level 13
Little mentioned fact is on Threadripper we have access to PMU Training aka IMC. This has helped me on ZEA.

I recently swapped from ZE to ZEA, I used the same CPU/RAM as used on previous board. Initially I had good repeatable results in Kahru RAM Test / P95 v28.10b1 / P95 v29.4b8 (upto 1hr each test suite). Later as I did more testing I had some erratic fails. I adjusted PMU training parameters and gained repeatable test passes. I did mix of full cold POSTs, full POSTS and warm POSTs, Kahru RAM Test did not fail 🙂 . The validation testing length using Kahru RAM test was ~18hrs.

This is Imgur album link to screenies, order is first test at top, PMU settings last image.

Link to settings txt below.

https://pastebin.com/JvKufYQd
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Little mentioned fact is on Threadripper we have access to PMU Training aka IMC. This has helped me on ZEA.

I recently swapped from ZE to ZEA, I used the same CPU/RAM as used on previous board. Initially I had good repeatable results in Kahru RAM Test / P95 v28.10b1 / P95 v29.4b8 (upto 1hr each test suite). Later as I did more testing I had some erratic fails. I adjusted PMU training parameters and gained repeatable test passes. I did mix of full cold POSTs, full POSTS and warm POSTs, Kahru RAM Test did not fail 🙂 . The validation testing length using Kahru RAM test was ~18hrs.

This is Imgur album link to screenies, order is first test at top, PMU settings last image.

Link to settings txt below.

https://pastebin.com/JvKufYQd

how did u get txt format for settings ? I can paste this in overclock forums cause here nobody gives a **** anyway.. rog support is mostly dead.