cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got my Strix Helios

dandan1108
Level 7
To be honest, it felt cheap. I have couple of inwin and lianli cases. the strix helios felt somewhere in the lower end of those brand at the price tag of $300+, manual is cheap and not clear, cant even tell how many leds are in the front panel for the set up of aura terminal, two seperate sata power cable is needed for the fan and the argb front panel but cant tell which one is which. case quality is meh, felts like just heavy steel, even the inwin 805 is much lighter and feel more premiun. And I think inwin is prob the oem for this case as they share the same HDD design. would not recommend if not a die hard rog fan for the quality but just my opinions
8 REPLIES 8

1mluer
Level 11
It doesn't rattle and buzz when the fans are roaring does it ?
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

:eek:

Where did you get is so early ?

skyhopper01
Level 9
Interesting, quite the opposite from what I've heard about the build quality.

Im not kidding, the cover for the PSU is really really cheap, the clear part is plastic and very easy to scratch and not really clear compared to glass. The main steel structure feels cheap. it is just an average quality case with ROG brand. I had been asking for support on the number of LEDs of front panel, they kept sending the snapshot of the manual which does not say anything about front LEDs. Not kidding, they have no idea about their product and treat me like an idiot who cant read the manual. Both the quality of the product and the quality of support is poor. Feels bad to be a ROG fan, I have so many ROG products as you can see from my build picture.

dandan1108 wrote:
Im not kidding, the cover for the PSU is really really cheap, the clear part is plastic and very easy to scratch and not really clear compared to glass. The main steel structure feels cheap. it is just an average quality case with ROG brand. I had been asking for support on the number of LEDs of front panel, they kept sending the snapshot of the manual which does not say anything about front LEDs. Not kidding, they have no idea about their product and treat me like an idiot who cant read the manual. Both the quality of the product and the quality of support is poor. Feels bad to be a ROG fan, I have so many ROG products as you can see from my build picture.

Wow, Sucks to hear man. I have one coming in this Friday so I will be preparing to swap my system into it.

skyhopper01 wrote:
Wow, Sucks to hear man. I have one coming in this Friday so I will be preparing to swap my system into it.

Yep, still no idea on how many number of LEDs to set up in aura. this case should sell around 150 without fans and maybe 200 with fans MAX if it doesnt have rog brand, fan is 3pin not 4pin pwm as well, the fan hub is not controllable by the motherboard.

skyhopper01 wrote:

Lets get some pics skyhop 🙂 I am sure it is just fine.. Basically an In-win from what I hear. In-win rocks.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
Lets get some pics skyhop 🙂 I am sure it is just fine.. Basically an In-win from what I hear. In-win rocks.

Will def post some pics to the forums, judging from the weight of this thing im expecting it to be great quality haha.