Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

1. use the non-oculus otherwise it wont work. tell lost_n_bios about the S-Spec of your cpu you want to put on.
    make sure you have a ch341a bios writer accessible ~10$
    2. use simple capton tape this makes a perfect job. just be careful about the pins form the socket non of them should be bended while inserting.
    i had a bend 'cause of a not careful enough placement of the cpu
    also add heatsinks on the vrms like shown in earlier posts
    3. make sure you have a backup of your own bios
    4. once you have a bios form lostn't bios you may need to change the setting “IA AC Load Line” and “IA DC Load Line”, to "1" to boot windows. with my 9400f i had instant shutdowns after a few minute booted windows before changing “IA AC Load Line” and “IA DC Load Line”
    Last edited by creisey; 07-13-2020 at 11:50 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hey, you upgraded your G20CI to an 9900k. I am trying the same, but my pc gets stuck on bootlogo, hitting F2 or DEL does nothing.

I have a I9 9900k R0 SRG19.

what exactly you did, to get this run?

ROG Member Array

Meanwhile my 9900k is running. In addition I did some hardware hacks (second MOSFET on high side, that was unpopulated by default, heatsinks, additional low profile blower). Performs well with some changed settings in BIOS.

But it runs only with HT disabled. How did you managed it running with HT enabled???

New ROGer Array

I want use i7 8700 on g20ci, i need a bios flasher or just downgrade me firmware? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

You will need a bios flasher. As I know, downgrading ME without pulling out the BIOS Flash Chip is not possible. Have a look on win-raid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2