cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to this forum, and I need help with my G751JL boot time

iamfreeway
Level 7
So I have an ASUS ROG G751JL for almost 3 years now, and I have this problem for about a year (although now I actually would want to do something about it). My startup isn't as fast as it used to be, which I understand, however, for a gaming laptop, I don't think it should take a couple of minutes for a startup. Does anyone here know how to fix it and help me out or explain why I may possibly have no hope at all?

I apologize if I made this thread in the wrong forum.
2 REPLIES 2

Sanctrum
Level 9
Quite simple. Telemetry, telemetry and again telemetry... Everywhere + rubbish left from the old patches. I would say 80% blame goes for telemetry... 20% for thousands of rubbish files Windows had created if installed few years ago.
1. Deal with NVidia massive telemetry scans started at each boot = Uninstall Geforce Experience = completely. It’s insane how much this one thing is slowing the boot time!
2. Use Autoruns by Sysinternals - look for all NVidia entries that have telemetry and untick them. Leave only NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem ticked.
3. Now deal with MS rubbish. Open Regedit.exe and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Miscrosoft\Windows\DataCollection and create or change if existing DWORD key named "AllowTelemetry" to value 0.
4. Check your Antivirus software for boot/logon scans and reduce its scope if possible.
5. Clean your Windows by using:
a. PatchCleaner by http://www.homedev.com.au/
b. Perform disk cleanup – right click over C: drive – General – Disk cleanup button – make sure to switch to admin mode to delete Windows update files.
c. Delete old, unused drivers using DriveStoreExplorer – also use admin mode.
6. Reboot.

And ENJOY! 🙂 Hope it helps.

• format your OS's drive as GPT and clean install windows 8.1/10 USING UEFI BOOT METHOD ( see my sig for a guide )
    This will give you small improvement VS the OEM installed OS which is known to comes on a MBR formatted drive booting using BIOS emulation ( which makes startup SLOW ).
  • invest in an GOOD benchmarked SATA ssd ( like samsung's EVO 850/860 ) with 120GB or more.
    This will bring THE LARGEST IMPROVEMENT in lowering the startup time.
  • enable FAST STARTUP in win10 ONLY. ( many users complains it causes various issues... but for me none ).
    IMHO, as well as any other other SW tweaks you can perform in the OS -are MINOR tweaks.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]