CaseThermaltake 900
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1600 T2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200 Small
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD650
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    I am afraid to touch that kind of thing because I don't know what I am doing. Overclocking and changing voltages, etc., seems to be where people fry their hardware components. There was an ROG forum post earlier where a guy was running his CPU at voltages in about the 1.4+ range or something, and it seems he fried his CPU... I play World of Warcraft and their forums (especially the more technical ones) are great for troubleshooting. The in-game settings are also good and very educational. I now generally limit my FPS to speeds that look fine to me, like 30 or 40--and rarely encounter too much trouble. That also keeps CPU and GPU temperatures down and allows playing Youtube videos at the same time, playing a Steam game while waiting for a pvp match or group to form for raiding or dungeons, etc., and also while running any music apps like Spotify or whatever, all at the same time.
    CPU voltage of 1.4+ sounds really high to me. I've not touched any of my voltages. It's too early to start frying this system. I worry about messing with the cpu unless it's just tweaking the multiplier in manual mode. I've left it on auto for now. I don't mind playing around with the settings for ram. I've left it in XMP mode firing at 4000mhz.

I'm surprised with a system like yours that you try to cap fps 30-40. I'm always targeting 60fps. Then, I don't multi process while gaming with the likes of youtube & that like you.

I've finished my Fallout 4 mod build. I've attempted to push it as far as possible. Have around 400 mods installed including 4k high resolution textures. Environment overhauls. Switched on as much as possible like God rays, etc. Kept shadow distance down to medium though. Game looks beautiful & I'm getting 50-60 fps in the wasteland (outdoors).

I'd love to have my GPU's water cooled but I'm not even getting into that. First off I'd need to know my cards were finally 100% healthy & staying in my rig for good. Secondly I have no more budget left, just credit card bills lol. Lastly I'm not even sure if the space is there for extra fittings. I have my soundblaster card in the middle of the GPU's & a sister audio board neighbouring the slave GPU. It's only a small device card but probably still in the way.

That's what I loved about my radeon R9 295x2. It came with onboard water cooling. It was performed so well, was quiet & kept nice temps.