CPU CoolerEK Monoblock Custom Loop
    CaseThermaltake 900
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1600 T2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200 Small
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD650
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Did some digging about the double power boot. It appears it is not that odd after all. Especially from a cold boot. I always completely power my rig off after shutdown via psu switch.

A few people stated also certain bios settings when enabled can make this happen or even OC settings.

Mine doesn't plague me in anyway as it is a lightning fast process. No actually boot, more a power flick on & off before entering boot mode.

Faith is back in my motherboard. I'll put the mouse & keyboard down to random pc ghostly hauntings.

When the error 43 code hits back. I expect it this weekend at some point to be honest. I will try that Nvidia fixer patch.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array jpmboy PC Specs
    jpmboy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex
    Processor7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.SKill 3600c15 (2x)2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Titan V
    Graphics Card #2Titan V
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 900P
    Storage #24TB Raid 10
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    Power SupplyAX1500i
    Keyboard Ducky
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Ultimate Ears Custom IEMs
    OS Win 10/Win7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bartacus82 View Post
    Been really busy with work but thank you for your continued support Super Gnome.

I've googled around the net extensively about the error codes. Reading forum posts etc. I actually found that error 43 fixer thread last week. I was thinking of using it. Decided to maybe wait until the errors surfaced again before trying. I did actually mention this to Nvidia support & EVGA. I asked them what their thoughts were & have they come across this themselves. Also sent them the same link you gave me. They completely ignored my questions about this & failed to give me a response. It annoyed me as I wanted some insight to it.

I've checked my cards in GPU-Z. It appears both of my cards are using Micron memory. One of those cards are a replacement card from EVGA after my RMA. They could have given me a Samsung memory one back.

What windows OS are you using ?
    If 10 what version is it on ? Mine is 1803, yet JPMboy said at top about a version 1809 & 1903. I wonder why I'm not getting any of those updates.

As far as my system boot up behaviour. That's kind of got me concerned. I thought it may have been the norm for these new super boards.

BTW your system specs are killer. Wanna swap rigs
    version 1903 will come down automatically if you have "Semi-Annual, Targeted" mode selected. Otherwise it may be ready for general distro in the near future. My experience with the micron ram is that if the ICs are bad, the card fails, if not they overclock quite well (tho not as high as the samgung, but the sammy's use looser timings than the micron does).
    If you are seeing Event code 43, a lot, set up an alert in event viewer to make a pop-up if it occurs. Does the error occur with no OC on the GPU? Does it occur with no OC on any component (cpu, ram and gpu)?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

BTW your system specs are killer. Wanna swap rigs
    You are the one with the great specs! I want your rig. Let's definitely switch.

Super Gnome PC Specs
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360

B
    What windows OS are you using ?
    If 10 what version is it on ? Mine is 1803, yet JPMboy said at top about a version 1809 & 1903. I wonder why I'm not getting any of those updates.
    Both of my rigs are on 1809. My Windows 10 in both rigs is Home though. Maybe that's why yours is 1803? But then Windows updates have been problematic for loads of people over the years. Windows 7 was a nightmare for me with my ROG Rampage III Black Edition system--the updater had loads of problems over and over again no matter what I did. It literally took five minutes or more after starting for the system to work properly--not in the beginning of course, but later. Thinking back now, I ought to have reformatted my hard drive and done a clean reinstall of Windows 7. Mind you, back then it took ages to do anything like that because hard drives were so slow versus these days. I'm thinking now I'll probably do a clean reinstall Windows 10 at some point in both rigs if things start to get bloated and pages get slow to load or GPU problems develop, etc. Have you tried reinstalling Windows with a clean reinstall?

I was also wondering if you monitor your rig using HWMonitor. I always start that and keep it running whenever my computer is on and then eyeball it before shutdown for maximum temperatures (etc.) reached on the two GPUs in both rigs (my old one has two 1070s in SLI) and the CPUs (that plus MSI Afterburning onscreen). I have my GPUs on custom curves that are very conservative, too (using GPU Tweak II--EVGA has software for that, too--is it any good [?])--meaning the fans kick in pretty fast when temperatures get much higher than 50 degrees or lower even. The new rig also has the CPU temperature/case fans on custom settings (using AI Suite 3). You can literally hear when the temperatures start to creep up. With Noctua 140mm fans that are industrial type fans (they are amazing) their low pitched hum revs up quickly (it sounds like the thing is on the runway and about to take off). I also have a blower (a leaf blower, that is [my GPU cards are all blower type cards, but that aside]. It is way better than canned air) and it really gets the dust out of the case and GPU cards and on the case fan mesh, too. My two cases also have these great little fan filters that are magnetically held in place on the outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-F.../dp/B00ARB5E8A

The other day the temperatures inside my old rig case (a Haf X) were getting quite warm as the ambient temperatures here were getting warmer. Dust and heat together used to make my laptops shutdown altogether and I had no idea why back in those days. Now I avidly do anything/everything to keep component temperatures and dust accumulation down at all times. (JayzTwoCents videos are very convincing that heat is a huge hardware killer).

Lastly, I doubt your motherboard is problematic in any way--speaking from experience with my Rampage III Black Edition MB.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 05-06-2019 at 01:24 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Bartacus82 PC Specs
    Bartacus82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Desktop
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    Processorintel i9 7980EX
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 4000mhz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3
    Graphics Card #2EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster ZxR
    MonitorAsus PB287Q 28'' 4K
    Storage #14TB Samsung Evo 850
    Storage #24TB Samsung Evo 860 x2
    CaseThermaltake 900
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by jpmboy View Post
    version 1903 will come down automatically if you have "Semi-Annual, Targeted" mode selected. Otherwise it may be ready for general distro in the near future. My experience with the micron ram is that if the ICs are bad, the card fails, if not they overclock quite well (tho not as high as the samgung, but the sammy's use looser timings than the micron does).
    If you are seeing Event code 43, a lot, set up an alert in event viewer to make a pop-up if it occurs. Does the error occur with no OC on the GPU? Does it occur with no OC on any component (cpu, ram and gpu)?
    I do have "semi-Annual, Targeted" mode selected in my windows update page. I wonder why I have not received update version 1903.

I have encountered the error code 43 even without overclocking the GPU. I do have my ram set on the XMP mode. My CPU I left on auto setting. Reason being I use FL Studio 12 to make music. That software hates it when the CPU is OC'd. It will cause BSOD's.

I did have a system freeze yesterday while using me pc on my windows desktop. Not sure why or what caused it. I can say this is the first screen freeze I have had all year. Whether it was caused by windows/sli/drivers or has some relation to my current problem, I'm unsure.

I haven't received an error 43 code yet this week. I was expecting it to hit this weekend. I'm sure it is on it's way.

Bartacus82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Desktop
    Processorintel i9 7980EX
    CaseThermaltake 900
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Both of my rigs are on 1809. My Windows 10 in both rigs is Home though. Maybe that's why yours is 1803? But then Windows updates have been problematic for loads of people over the years. Windows 7 was a nightmare for me with my ROG Rampage III Black Edition system--the updater had loads of problems over and over again no matter what I did. It literally took five minutes or more after starting for the system to work properly--not in the beginning of course, but later. Thinking back now, I ought to have reformatted my hard drive and done a clean reinstall of Windows 7. Mind you, back then it took ages to do anything like that because hard drives were so slow versus these days. I'm thinking now I'll probably do a clean reinstall Windows 10 at some point in both rigs if things start to get bloated and pages get slow to load or GPU problems develop, etc. Have you tried reinstalling Windows with a clean reinstall?

I was also wondering if you monitor your rig using HWMonitor. I always start that and keep it running whenever my computer is on and then eyeball it before shutdown for maximum temperatures (etc.) reached on the two GPUs in both rigs (my old one has two 1070s in SLI) and the CPUs (that plus MSI Afterburning onscreen). I have my GPUs on custom curves that are very conservative, too (using GPU Tweak II--EVGA has software for that, too--is it any good [?])--meaning the fans kick in pretty fast when temperatures get much higher than 50 degrees or lower even. The new rig also has the CPU temperature/case fans on custom settings (using AI Suite 3). You can literally hear when the temperatures start to creep up. With Noctua 140mm fans that are industrial type fans (they are amazing) their low pitched hum revs up quickly (it sounds like the thing is on the runway and about to take off). I also have a blower (a leaf blower, that is [my GPU cards are all blower type cards, but that aside]. It is way better than canned air) and it really gets the dust out of the case and GPU cards and on the case fan mesh, too. My two cases also have these great little fan filters that are magnetically held in place on the outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-F.../dp/B00ARB5E8A

The other day the temperatures inside my old rig case (a Haf X) were getting quite warm as the ambient temperatures here were getting warmer. Dust and heat together used to make my laptops shutdown altogether and I had no idea why back in those days. Now I avidly do anything/everything to keep component temperatures and dust accumulation down at all times. (JayzTwoCents videos are very convincing that heat is a huge hardware killer).

Lastly, I doubt your motherboard is problematic in any way--speaking from experience with my Rampage III Black Edition MB.
    I found windows 7 to be pretty good. Didn't have too many problems with it. I find reinstalling windows to solve problems overrated. I guess I'm saying that because I've already done it 3-4 times this year already. It's such a nightmare when you got masses & masses of software & data to install. I've probably got around 8TB of data. Takes around 3-4 weeks to reinstall everything. The one time I had a memory leak in windows explorer. Could not for the life of me find what was causing it. So I had no choice but to reinstall. I even decided to ditch my iobit ultimate system health care in favour of bitdefender & CC cleaner. I don't know why but I had feeling maybe the iobit software messed my system up. No proof, just assumption. Reinstalling windows 10 again would not change anything. It's as clean as it can be. I've only got on it what I need . No jumble garbage of unknown origins. Just the same stuff I would install again if I wiped windows.

Thank the heavens for SSD. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to transfer/backup/reinstall windows if I was still using HDD as my mains.

I did change a feature in my bios settings last week. PCI-E speed option. It has 4 options. auto/gen1/gen2/gen3/ It was already on auto so I forced it to Gen3 speed. Whether that makes the slightest bit of difference to auto, who knows.

Bought Resident evil 2 remake on steam today. Fired it up. Got to main menu, few seconds & BSOD lol. First thought it was my system kicking me in the balls again. Checked the steam resi forum & it appears other ppl have had BSOD's & all manner of problems with that game.

Gonna take a break from the stress & watch Game Of Thrones episode 4 tonight. Then start a new game of Fallout 4. Spent ages setting it up with mods while in & out of my hardware problems.

Super Gnome PC Specs
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360

. I've probably got around 8TB of data. Takes around 3-4 weeks to reinstall everything.
    Been there, so I hear you. I have a few laptops and installed SSDs in them, not to mention the same thing with desktops. Installing Windows has rarely gone smoothly here and I've always worried about losing data. I once had an HP desktop that was often out of control [ramping up the FPS to insane levels in games] that crashed all the time and eventually could not be revived. Hence I have all of my data on an external drive I initially bought to back up everything. And I also kept my old hard drives that were pulled out of my machines for new SSDs. Last year or so Amazon had enclosures on sale at Amazon--well, oh boy!! They were less than ten bucks--hence it was time to load up with a few of them. Now I keep my data out of my machines and on these old drives, generally speaking (oh, the laziness). When I need anything for whatever reason (pictures, Word files, etc.), I now just grab one of these, hook it up to a USB port and then download whatever. I've also always hated doing security/virus scans with drives that were full of stuff, too, because scans always slow down your computer, etc. You are probably wondering why I have two 1 TB drives in my new rig then.... Lol. I am now wondering that too. It seems like a few drives in a fast raid configuration would have been a better idea (but I digress...)

Super Gnome PC Specs
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360

I did change a feature in my bios settings last week. PCI-E speed option. It has 4 options. auto/gen1/gen2/gen3/ It was already on auto so I forced it to Gen3 speed. Whether that makes the slightest bit of difference to auto, who knows.
    I am afraid to touch that kind of thing because I don't know what I am doing. Overclocking and changing voltages, etc., seems to be where people fry their hardware components. There was an ROG forum post earlier where a guy was running his CPU at voltages in about the 1.4+ range or something, and it seems he fried his CPU... I play World of Warcraft and their forums (especially the more technical ones) are great for troubleshooting. The in-game settings are also good and very educational. I now generally limit my FPS to speeds that look fine to me, like 30 or 40--and rarely encounter too much trouble. That also keeps CPU and GPU temperatures down and allows playing Youtube videos at the same time, playing a Steam game while waiting for a pvp match or group to form for raiding or dungeons, etc., and also while running any music apps like Spotify or whatever, all at the same time.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 05-07-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Super Gnome PC Specs
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360

Bought Resident evil 2 remake on steam today. Fired it up. Got to main menu, few seconds & BSOD lol. First thought it was my system kicking me in the balls again. Checked the steam resi forum & it appears other ppl have had BSOD's & all manner of problems with that game.
    Have you tried Razer Cortex, or any software like that? I tried GameFirst V when I first started up the new rig but it started using one of my CPU cores at 100% (Cortana did the same till I disabled it) so I uninstalled it. Razer Cortex seems to really work according to monitoring numbers. In my case, the old and new rigs were both getting stuttering running a really old, low demand Steam game, SB Hockey, and that has stopped with Razer Cortex. Plus it frees up a lot of RAM.

Here are the general specs for my old rig:

Rampage III Black Edition MB
    i7-990X (six core) @3.47 GHz (stock)
    Two Asus 1070 GTX Turbo (blower) in SLI
    12 GB Ram
    Windows 10 Home 1809
    ROG Ryuo 240 AIO CPU cooler
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 05-07-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Bartacus82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Desktop
    Processorintel i9 7980EX
    CaseThermaltake 900
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I'm quite surprised. It is now Tuesday & I haven't had an error code flake my system out yet. Been expecting it all weekend. Let me touch up my wooden desk a sec, not to jinx myself.

I've got my Samsung 850evo 4Tb with my OS on. I have all my system software on it. My music software & plugins. My native instrument & 8Dio libraries which make up 2Tb+.
    Then I got my Samsung 860evo 4Tb dedicated as my gaming drive. Steam/Origin/mods/etc
    My 2nd Samsung 860evo 4Tb I use for the other half of my audio libraries/instruments. I keep video's & stock footage files on it too. So it's faster for when I use them in any video editor.
    I have my old 4Tb & 3Tb HDD's as spare/backup storage space.

I should Really Backup my sound libraries on an external drive. Regardless if I backup my files up. A Reinstall of windows would still produce a hell of a lot of installing.

I hope I never have to reinstall windows 10 for another 10 years at least lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast