cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl504gw ram stick brand?

Ramahi89
Level 7
Hello all,

A question for those who happen to have the same model as mine (GL504GW) that comes with single channel stick (16x1).

I Just recently found out using the app (CPU-Z) that my brand of the stick i have is SK Hynix a brand i have never heard of.
Anyways please anyone with the same laptop specs if you can reply with the brand that came with yours?

I have watched multiple videos on YouTube mentioning that they have the laptop arriving with a (SAMSUNG) Single stick.

I only ask this to take my suspicions away.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!
Feel free to get more feedback from other owners, but if it helps, show *officially* ASUS has approved both Hynix and Samsung 16Gb DDR4 2666Mhz so-dimm modules for the GL504GW, so everything sounds normal to me.
ASUS will normally approve more than 1 brand of memory module for every notebook model.
Thanks.

Me too.

SK Hynix is known as Hyundai long time ago. 2nd largest memory chipmaker behind Samsung.

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!
Feel free to get more feedback from other owners, but if it helps, show *officially* ASUS has approved both Hynix and Samsung 16Gb DDR4 2666Mhz so-dimm modules for the GL504GW, so everything sounds normal to me.
ASUS will normally approve more than 1 brand of memory module for every notebook model.
Thanks.

Thank you for the info. Glad to hear its all normal 🙂

TX2000
Level 8
Mine have a Samsung Stick

Does anyone has experience by mixing the RAM brands? For example i have 1x8gb SK Hynix in my GL 504GM and i want to add a HyperX RAM Stick of 8gb. Is this possible

mp271901 wrote:
Does anyone has experience by mixing the RAM brands? For example i have 1x8gb SK Hynix in my GL 504GM and i want to add a HyperX RAM Stick of 8gb. Is this possible

I have recently upgraded mine and both are now different brands working perfectly fine (SK Hynix + Samsung) Hence they are the same specs.
For me it was cheaper and faster to purchase another 16 GB Ram, instead of switching the One that came with the laptop to a (8x2) 16 GB Ram.

TX2000
Level 8
i have two different ones and they are running dual channel without an issue. Samsung + Crucial
80311 80312