cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With new motherboard and another Strix RTX 2080ti stutter during benchmarks (firestri

theotorm
Level 9
Hi everyone, I wanted to submit this problem to you. I switched from a Maximus X Formula motherboard to a Maximus XI Extreme, I added a second M2 970pro (installed on the motherboard), formatted windows (installed 1809) and gave me a second Strix RTX 2080ti that I wanted to try right away. The problem is that during the benchmarks firestrike and heaven I have stutter that I didn't have before with the old motherboard and video (still strix 2080ti). I tried:
- Closed all background programs - nothing
- changed 4 drivers drivers with DDU - Nothing
- Installed the old RTX and does the same (much less but it happens)
In game the stutter does not appear ... but it seems to me that the performances have decreased compared to the other rtx (in fact Monday I will try to install the previous RTX to try it in game since I have not done it yet)
With TimeSpy it occurs sometimes but not always.
With Superposition the stutter does not occur ...
I really can't understand what the problem might be ...
can i have a hand?
3 REPLIES 3

ninezerofive
Level 10
Just a thought but maybe you have that problem with "Intel Rapid Storage", try uninstalling it and if you have any HDD's connected, change the power cycle to always on.

ninezerofive wrote:
Just a thought but maybe you have that problem with "Intel Rapid Storage", try uninstalling it and if you have any HDD's connected, change the power cycle to always on.

I will try, but intel rapid storage was also installed with the old motherboard and rtx ... and it did not give me any problem ... do you mean that with the new XI extreme motherboard there may be a problem with intel rapid storage? yet with the old rtx I have much less stutter.

theotorm wrote:
I will try, but intel rapid storage was also installed with the old motherboard and rtx ... and it did not give me any problem ... do you mean that with the new XI extreme motherboard there may be a problem with intel rapid storage? yet with the old rtx I have much less stutter.

As I said it's just a thought, but there was bunch of of who had similar problem wit z390 boards, system micro freezes that do go away within few seconds.