cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gladius II Origin & Strix Flare Not Cooperating

Max_Settings
Level 7
Friends, Romans, Computermen,

I recently installed both the ROG Strix Flare Keyboard and the ROG Gladius II Origin Mouse on my computer running Windows 10 pro 64-bit. Both devices were attached to the computer at the same time, in the same "off state". Upon 1st boot, both devices were detected and installed by Windows (the installation sounds were audible). I checked in Device Manager to ensure they were picked up without error codes or problems. Everything looked perfectly fine. I had no devices showing any sorts of errors or problems.

Next, I proceeded to install the Armoury software in addition to the Aura software as I had also just reformatted and performed a clean install of Windows (regular maintenance - not addressing any sort of problem). After installing Armoury, the keyboard was detected properly and displayed and I could make changes, edit its profile, etc. It was fine, for the keyboard that is. The mouse wasn't detected by Armoury at all. It was still connected properly and was shown in Device Manager without issue and it worked fine.

That was a couple of days ago. I'm still hoping my mouse will show up in Armoury one day. I don't know what the problem is. I'm seeking advice. Is there a specific order in which these things should be installed? Is there a problem with Armoury and the Gladius II Origin? Does the mouse not want to play with the Strix Flare keyboard? What is the issue? I went ahead and installed Aura as well. The mouse isn't picked up in it either.

Versions I'm using,
Armoury 3.00.26
Aura 1.07.55
mobo BIOS 1301

Please advise how I should proceed. I'd really like for all this to work together as advertised with both Armoury and Aura features/controls.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Max_Settings
Level 7
A couple of updates to the situation above...

1) I now hear device installation sounds every time I boot my computer. It sounds as if two devices are being installed.

2) The RGB lights on the mouse stay on 24/7, whether or not the PC is powered on.

3) The mouse is still not recognized by Armoury or Aura, yet it's installed in Device Manager and continues to "work", although I have no ways of customizing any of its features. It's like a basi pointing device.

4) I noticed I have several devices popping up under "Other" in Device Manager. These are listed as "mouse filters" and/or "keyboard filters". Some of these are listed as "working properly", some are hidden devices with problems. Removing the hidden devices with problems has no effect. They disappear when removed but will reappear on following reboots of the PC.

Anyone have a solution? I can't imagine anyone has a properly working setup with a Flare Keyboard and the Gladius II Origin Mouse. I don't have some Frankensystem or anything. It's a quite nice, standard clean installed Windows Pro computer. How is this not working? I have done all I know to do to get this up and running properly and as advertised.

Right then, here's another update. Although at this point, I'm not sure why I'm bothering with this. Oh wait, that's right, I'm beyond Amazon's return policy.

The mouse has now arbitrarily changed its own RGB pattern. There is currently NO Aura/Armory software installed on my system, yet it changed out of nowhere the other evening. Incidentally, the only way I can get the mouse and keyboard to install as working devices in Device Manager is to wipe my system of any related software. With Aura and Armoury absent, both devices are detected and installed and report "working properly" as their status. Little does Device Manager know, right?

In any event, I'm going to format my drive and reinstall Windows 10 again. That's no big deal, it only takes me about 30 minutes and the time is well worth it if I am able to come away with functional ROG products. What a bonus, huh?

Does anyone other than myself read these forums anymore? Just wondering. I find it odd that nobody has any advice or thoughts about two very basic computer devices as those of a keyboard and mouse. BTW, just for kicks, What are the recommended UEFI settings for these devices? I currently have USB legacy support and PS2 emulation turned OFF. Should I try something different?

I thank you

More updates...eventually someone has to care about this...

On a clean installation (wiped drive, reformatted, reinstalled) of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, here is my experience...

- Upon initial boot, both the mouse and the keyboard were installed as generic HID devices and displayed as "working devices" in Device Manager, there were NO other "hidden devices", everything connected via USB (only these two devices) was properly identified (although generic) and installed.
- Next I installed my chipset drivers (Z270), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 driver (430.53 hotfixed DCH), and Realtek HDA drivers as described in the (best) post in this forum.
-Headed to Windows Update, I had two cumulative updates and two ASUS updates for both the mouse and the keyboard. The Windows updates installed fine as normal and as expected. The ASUS updates produced my first error message on the new build. I got the "installation support file not found" message window as a popup during Microsoft Update's ASUS installation. In any event, the installation automatically continued for both devices. I was prompted to reboot after updates, which I did.
- On this reboot, heading back to the desktop I heard audible sounds new devices were being installed. I think there were two tones. I headed into Device Manager to see (hoping and praying) what was installed. The Gladius II Origin and the Strix Flare were both installed, but both appeared as Mice. The Strix Flare did not and does not (as I type this) appear under Keyboards. Additionally, the Gladius II Origin is shown as a device with a problem (it is faded looking and has the "problem" status displayed in the box when you look at the device. Still further, I now had a new category in Device Manager of "Other Devices". This category contained a few listings (all with problems) of "Mouse Filters_01, 02, etc and Keyboard Filters_01, etc.) **This is on a brand new installation, straight from Microsoft Update. I hadn't even started or attempted to install the latest downloaded ASUS software (Armoury 3.00.26 or Aura)

So I'm sitting here on a brand new Windows machine without ability to control any aspect of my Strix Flare Keyboard or Gladius II Origin Mouse. Both are using arbitrary choices for lighting patterns, and needless to say, the mouse is NOT detected in the MS Update version of Armoury.

- Next and finally, I decided to install Armoury just to see what it would do. I installed 3.00.26 over the MS Update version. The setup program properly uninstalled the existing vesion before continuing with the installation of the new one (3.00.26). Again, the missing support file box popped up but did NOT hinder or interrupt the installer, which then completed and prompted me to restart the computer, which I did.

- again, I heard device installation sounds upon booting into WIndows. It sounded like 2 or 3 devices. Again I go into Device Manager and again everything is as I've already described several times over at this point.

It would appear your software has major problems, and thus, so do your devices. What am I supposed to do here? Is your hardware really not compatible with each other? Is the problem with your software? What gives? I'm getting more frustrated every time I post in this forum, expecting assistance and receiving nothing in return. I've documented the problems as best as I'm willing at this point, in order to possibly HELP your developers or whomever is responsibile for these problems.

I cannot be the only one with this combination of hardware that cannot use their system as expected when purchasing your products. Please help or at the very minimum, SAY SOMETHING for God sakes.

Thank you

As my final update...

An ASUS support representative emailed me a fix for my situation. The package was called the Gladius II Fix Tools, and it allowed the mouse to install properly with Windows and enabled Aura functions in that software. It still isn't listed in Armoury and honestly I'm not even certain it is supposed to be. I'm just happy I can adjust the lighting effects and no longer have device errors. The battle between Device Manager and the Gladius is over.

I would thank people in this forum, but seeing as though I didn't even get an acknowledgement, forget that. I hope none of you ever have to go through a week of troubleshooting a MOUSE.

Max Settings wrote:
As my final update...

An ASUS support representative emailed me a fix for my situation. The package was called the Gladius II Fix Tools, and it allowed the mouse to install properly with Windows and enabled Aura functions in that software. It still isn't listed in Armoury and honestly I'm not even certain it is supposed to be. I'm just happy I can adjust the lighting effects and no longer have device errors. The battle between Device Manager and the Gladius is over.

I would thank people in this forum, but seeing as though I didn't even get an acknowledgement, forget that. I hope none of you ever have to go through a week of troubleshooting a MOUSE.

can you sand me fix tool please