cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone in the US not using their VI Extreme gpu bracket?

scgt1
Level 8
I have a clearance issue with my 280X and my 1070ti Strix card has developed a sag. Looking around the gpu bracket that Asus included with the VI Extreme seems to be the best fit although I don't know if the section that supports the gpu is short enough to clear the intake fans in the bottom of my case.

If your not using your gpu bracket and your willing to part with it I'll buy it from you pending a measurement of it's height (the section that supports the gpu).

My zip is 76010 for shipping quote. Snail mail is fine on shipping.
3 REPLIES 3

cekeu
Level 12
the GPU support of the extreme 6 rampage is fragile. I wanted to use it for my 2080 ti and it is of poor quality, it twists. I advise you to look gpu brackets support better quality for example here or elsewhere according to your own research
https://mnpctech.com/gpu-support-bracket/

scgt1
Level 8
Yea I know about those. First I really don't like the design and in order to possibly clear the fans I would have to get the $70 crossfire/sli ones or the $70 aircraft aluminum one. (thinner versions) They make great products and all but their pricing is nuts. Those are 1/3 of my gpu price. I'll get one 3d printed before I would spend that kinda dough on some metal. Considering you aren't paying for the metal when it comes to their company your paying for the name.

I don't believe I would have a twisting issue as it doesn't take much effort to raise the edge of the card so it's level again so I don't think my 1070 is going to put enough strain to twist the ROG bracket. If that's an issue they have with them it could be why they stopped including them. lol

*Consider time to make your own with hand and power tools. (I fully support DIY as alternative to buying our parts)

*Consider going to local fabrication machine Shop and having them to make one for you. Most specialty shop charge minimum $80 threshold fee, and that's if you give them your own design to make. That fee doesn't include materials and setting up the mill to make your part.

*Consider the cost to buy your own cnc machine, time invested in learning how to operate it, and learning 3D engineering software.

The market dictates what pricing makes a product successful in sales. If customer felt we overcharged them, they wouldn't buy our parts. We've been making and re-stocking mnpctech gpu supports for 3 years now. Mady processed 5 orders this morning. Until you've attempted to actually replicate our parts, you'll never understand the value. If you can't afford it, it's simply a solution for you. I'll be the first person to tell you mnpctech isn't for everyone. We've been making $50+ fan grills for a decade, ha.

3D Printed Metal? :rolleyes