Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't boot using GPU directly.

0x1027
Level 7
Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus XI Hero
CPU: i9-9900k
GPU: Asus Rog Strix 2080

For some reason i cannot boot using the GPU ports directly, i get 1 long and 3 short. But if i use iGPU and can go into windows settings and make games use the RTX 2080 as a High Performance GPU (similar to how laptops with GPUs work).

How the hell do i fix this? I have reseated it, updated bios, literally everything i can think of.
3 REPLIES 3

mdzcpa
Level 12
0x1027 wrote:
Motherboard: Asus Rog Maximus XI Hero
CPU: i9-9900k
GPU: Asus Rog Strix 2080

For some reason i cannot boot using the GPU ports directly, i get 1 long and 3 short. But if i use iGPU and can go into windows settings and make games use the RTX 2080 as a High Performance GPU (similar to how laptops with GPUs work).

How the hell do i fix this? I have reseated it, updated bios, literally everything i can think of.

Is the GPU being properly powered up? Are the white power LEDs on the card lit up when plugged in? If not, and you're running a modular power supply, double check the GPU and PSU connections. What PSU are you running?

mdzcpa wrote:
Is the GPU being properly powered up? Are the white power LEDs on the card lit up when plugged in? If not, and you're running a modular power supply, double check the GPU and PSU connections. What PSU are you running?

Yes both of the 8 pins have a white light on them. It's a corsair 850x psu

0x1027 wrote:
Yes both of the 8 pins have a white light on them. It's a corsair 850x psu

Has the GPU worked in the past?

What slot do you have it installed?

How are you connecting to the monitor?

1 long and 3 short is definitely the GPU failing to initialize.