ROG Member Array

Using Blue Tooth.

Do I have to do anything to activate the blue tooth on the ROG Crosshair VII?

I'm using a Pantech Renue P6030 phone temporarily tonight, and when I try connecting it to my PC via USB, Windows 10 says there are errors and it can't read the phone. It can read the SD card inside the phone, though.

So I thought I would try using the Blue Tooth on the Renue phone instead. When I have it search for Blue Tooth devices, the phone can't detect my PC.

The phone also can't detect my Canon printer, for what it's worth.

The phone can connect to my car via Blue Tooth, so the Blue Tooth does work with something.

The phone's USB port does seem a little messed up, as a cable doesn't fit nicely inside anymore. That wasn't the case in March, when I last had to use the phone for a night.

I am able to connect via Blue Tooth from the PC to my printer. I'm just wondering if there's something else I can do to make this phone connect to the PC via Blue Tooth.

Thanks.

ROG Member Array Othello PC Specs
    Othello PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crossfire VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C14D-32GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Vega 64
    MonitorSamsung C27HG7x, Acer B273HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO M2 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i PRO AIO
    CaseCorsair Graphite Sersies 780T
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Steelseries WoW Cataclysm
    Headset Logitech G930
    OS WIN10 Pro

As far as I know the MB does not have blue tooth capabilities. One version has wifi capabilities but not blue tooth.

ROG Member Array

Wif mode has both capabilities, its a 2in1 module (WiFi + Bluetooth)

Don't forget to install the provided antenna, it serves both WF and BT functionality.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Othello View Post
    As far as I know the MB does not have blue tooth capabilities. One version has wifi capabilities but not blue tooth.
    It seems like it has blue tooth here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...pecifications/

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth V4.2*4

Quote Originally Posted by elbubi141180 View Post
    Wif mode has both capabilities, its a 2in1 module (WiFi + Bluetooth)

Don't forget to install the provided antenna, it serves both WF and BT functionality.
    I have the antenna connected to my PC.

Is there something I have to do if I want to make a Blue Tooth connection only from my desktop to this phone? This phone can only connect via Blue Tooth.

Is there some setting somewhere or something I have to enable?

I wish Windows 10 could read the phone when I connect to it via USB, but it keeps saying there's some errors.

My Windows 7 PC did a little better, in that it recognized it if I connected it as a music player. But if I connected it as a mass storage device, then it also wouldn't read it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    It seems like it has blue tooth here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...pecifications/

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth V4.2*4

I have the antenna connected to my PC.

Is there something I have to do if I want to make a Blue Tooth connection only from my desktop to this phone? This phone can only connect via Blue Tooth.

Is there some setting somewhere or something I have to enable?

I wish Windows 10 could read the phone when I connect to it via USB, but it keeps saying there's some errors.

My Windows 7 PC did a little better, in that it recognized it if I connected it as a music player. But if I connected it as a mass storage device, then it also wouldn't read it.
    under bios, i think there is an option to have the bluetooth disable but it should be enable by default, if not you might have faulty adapter like a lot of other people experience with this board. I rma my board because bluetooth wifi was unstable, will disappeared at random.