cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390- I issues with booting - new build

maykee79
Level 7
Good morning, I’m looking for some help and advice.
I have purchased new mobo mentioned above and have paired it with Intel i9 9900K.

Whenever booting the new system AIO and it’s fans seem to be fine, RAM looks good and PSU looks good. Chassis fans are not working.
No Q-LEDs are lighting up, OK men does not seem to be doing anything. Have tried booting it without RAM and graphics card. Tried two different PSUs but results are the same (I have checked motherboard and CPU power connection) . I am expecting system speaker to arrive today *to see if it gives me any further clues.

The only thing I can think of is faulty CPU but I am not that experienced.

Would anyone have any ideas based on the mobo behaviour as far as now?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.*
4 REPLIES 4

Phillyflyer
Level 10
maykee79 wrote:
Good morning, I’m looking for some help and advice.
I have purchased new mobo mentioned above and have paired it with Intel i9 9900K.

Whenever booting the new system AIO and it’s fans seem to be fine, RAM looks good and PSU looks good. Chassis fans are not working.
No Q-LEDs are lighting up, OK men does not seem to be doing anything. Have tried booting it without RAM and graphics card. Tried two different PSUs but results are the same (I have checked motherboard and CPU power connection) . I am expecting system speaker to arrive today *to see if it gives me any further clues.

The only thing I can think of is faulty CPU but I am not that experienced.

Would anyone have any ideas based on the mobo behaviour as far as now?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.*

The Q code led should light up even if CPU was at fault...would throw 00 error code....I would first check the power supply and connections to board and insure a firm connection to board....more inclined to think the board would be at fault if the power supply is 100% and connections are fully intact.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
The Q code led should light up even if CPU was at fault...would throw 00 error code....I would first check the power supply and connections to board and insure a firm connection to board....more inclined to think the board would be at fault if the power supply is 100% and connections are fully intact.

Thank you for your response. I have tested the mobo with two different PSUs and two different sets of cables (I made sure those are properly connected). Same outcome. I have ordered onboard PC speaker and that emits no beeps on the power on. This board does have 4 separate LEDs to indicate issues with hardware (not the digit and letter one) and that stays off even without RAM or CPU. No beep upon switching it on.

maykee79 wrote:
Thank you for your response. I have tested the mobo with two different PSUs and two different sets of cables (I made sure those are properly connected). Same outcome. I have ordered onboard PC speaker and that emits no beeps on the power on. This board does have 4 separate LEDs to indicate issues with hardware (not the digit and letter one) and that stays off even without RAM or CPU. No beep upon switching it on.

I would return / RMA the board....most likely board is DOA.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Darren_Stevens
Level 9
Take everything out of your case, put your motherboard on the box it came in, install the CPU & Ram (put ram in the right slots refer to instruction manual) & power it up, if it comes to life connect every thing else one at a time booting in between.