cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix z390 high VID and Vcore with Adaptive Mode

RaffieKol
Level 10
Im on the latest bios and no matter what I put my Vcore to in adaptive mode it keeps going way past it

So I would like to say something first I am coming form a 6700k so its been a while. When I set my vcore to Adaptive on my z170 at 1.2v with + .001 it only goes to 1.201 but on my z390 its not the same example below

Example

If I put my VCORE to Adaptive mode at 1.24 + .001 on my z390 it keeps on going over 1.32 and I noticed that my VID is crazy high also.

is there a way to bring my VID down. I choose "Best case scenario" for SVID options

Is this normal?

what can I do to bring down my VID and Vcore and at least keep it to what I choose?

I know I can pick Manual mode but I like my voltage to go down when I am not using it extremely or when Im just doing a light task?
4 REPLIES 4

Otets
Level 7
similarly. only on hero wifi

Falkentyne
Level 12
RaffieKol wrote:
Im on the latest bios and no matter what I put my Vcore to in adaptive mode it keeps going way past it

So I would like to say something first I am coming form a 6700k so its been a while. When I set my vcore to Adaptive on my z170 at 1.2v with + .001 it only goes to 1.201 but on my z390 its not the same example below

Example

If I put my VCORE to Adaptive mode at 1.24 + .001 on my z390 it keeps on going over 1.32 and I noticed that my VID is crazy high also.

is there a way to bring my VID down. I choose "Best case scenario" for SVID options

Is this normal?

what can I do to bring down my VID and Vcore and at least keep it to what I choose?

I know I can pick Manual mode but I like my voltage to go down when I am not using it extremely or when Im just doing a light task?

Your CPU VID won't be lower than your default pre-programmed CPU VID in adaptive mode.
Additional turbo voltage in adaptive mode will also not go below your CPU VID (which depends on the multiplier--read the sticky at the top of this forum, please).

The only way to REDUCE the CPU VID (remember VID is not vcore--VID is voltage identifcation, but the true voltage going to the CPU is affected by type of load, AC loadline value and loadline calibration value, with +/- offsets added to that) is to reduce the AC loadline mOhms value from the default of 1.60 mOhms down to a lower value (down to 0.01 mOhms). Absolute max value supported for 8 core processors is 1.6 mOhms. No reason to ever go any higher.

cniedzi
Level 8
RaffieKol wrote:

Example

Is this normal?

What value of Load Line Calibration is set?

evilpaul13_
Level 7
So how do I get VID to be anything related to what I'm setting for Vcore? Rather than 1.4v at 50x or 1.350v at 49x multipliers? Changing LLC from 5 to 4 didn't do anything.