ROG Enthusiast Array RaffieKol PC Specs
    RaffieKol PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K (4.2 @ 1.2v)
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H115i
    CaseCORSAIR Carbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard CORSAIR Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE
    Mouse Logitech G303
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck
    OS Winodows 10 Pro

Asus Strix z390 high VID and Vcore with Adaptive Mode

Im on the latest bios and no matter what I put my Vcore to in adaptive mode it keeps going way past it

So I would like to say something first I am coming form a 6700k so its been a while. When I set my vcore to Adaptive on my z170 at 1.2v with + .001 it only goes to 1.201 but on my z390 its not the same example below

Example

If I put my VCORE to Adaptive mode at 1.24 + .001 on my z390 it keeps on going over 1.32 and I noticed that my VID is crazy high also.

is there a way to bring my VID down. I choose "Best case scenario" for SVID options

Is this normal?

what can I do to bring down my VID and Vcore and at least keep it to what I choose?

I know I can pick Manual mode but I like my voltage to go down when I am not using it extremely or when Im just doing a light task?

ROG Enthusiast Array Otets PC Specs
    Otets PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus x299 Deluxe
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7820x
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentZ 3200mhz(c14) 32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce 1080 A8G
    Storage #1Samsung m.2 960 pro 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung ssd 850evo 250gb
    Power SupplyCorsair rmi 1000w
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Chroma Mamba Tournament edition
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly
    OS Windwos 10
    Network RouterMikrotik 951G

similarly. only on hero wifi

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RaffieKol View Post
    Im on the latest bios and no matter what I put my Vcore to in adaptive mode it keeps going way past it

So I would like to say something first I am coming form a 6700k so its been a while. When I set my vcore to Adaptive on my z170 at 1.2v with + .001 it only goes to 1.201 but on my z390 its not the same example below

Example

If I put my VCORE to Adaptive mode at 1.24 + .001 on my z390 it keeps on going over 1.32 and I noticed that my VID is crazy high also.

is there a way to bring my VID down. I choose "Best case scenario" for SVID options

Is this normal?

what can I do to bring down my VID and Vcore and at least keep it to what I choose?

I know I can pick Manual mode but I like my voltage to go down when I am not using it extremely or when Im just doing a light task?
    Your CPU VID won't be lower than your default pre-programmed CPU VID in adaptive mode.
    Additional turbo voltage in adaptive mode will also not go below your CPU VID (which depends on the multiplier--read the sticky at the top of this forum, please).

The only way to REDUCE the CPU VID (remember VID is not vcore--VID is voltage identifcation, but the true voltage going to the CPU is affected by type of load, AC loadline value and loadline calibration value, with +/- offsets added to that) is to reduce the AC loadline mOhms value from the default of 1.60 mOhms down to a lower value (down to 0.01 mOhms). Absolute max value supported for 8 core processors is 1.6 mOhms. No reason to ever go any higher.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by RaffieKol View Post

Example

Is this normal?

What value of Load Line Calibration is set?