cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I purchase a new OEM battery for an Asus ROG G551JW???

Bubba
Level 7
Can someone tell me where I can purchase a OEM battery for an Asus ROG G551JW? I purchased a battery fro Best Buy and is garbage. I called Asus and they told me to send my computer to them. They would not sell me a battery or tell me where I could purchase one. If I cannot purchase an OEM battery where and what battery would someone suggest?

I will order from the US if I have to but I am in Canada and would prefer to get one from here if I could.

Thank you in advance....
6 REPLIES 6

PhilG55vw
Level 9
Best luck I've had finding a vendor is do a Google on your battery's model number. You also might try Batteries+, not sure what they have currently.

Considering the age of your laptop, finding a fully functional battery from any site is going to be a crap shoot. I know several sites that have your needed battery but whether they can provide a good battery is not a given. And returning that battery for a replacement is troublesome.

I could google for a Canada site, but that is what you should be doing. I can not recommend any battery source that would give you a fully functional battery for such an older model laptop. I normally source part numbers from the EU ASUS eStore. It doesn't even list your model.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

For whats its worth I had all problems described above with my G751JT. For years I muddled through until battery pack went completely dead.
I mustered up courage and bought a new battery off Amazon, found the utube video where the guys replaces battery on G751. I followed his steps and I now have a fresh battery and its like a new computer to me. No more worries about all the flashing lights.

BTW I took the old battery pack apart to see if any of the 18561 batteries were good. I tested them all and though old and low on capacity they were all still good and probably were not the cause of failure. I attribute failure of this pack to the BMS, battery management system board that is in the pack, which controls the charging and balance of the 8 / 18650 LIPo batteries. These circuit boards are the weakness IMHO. :cool:

go to asus service center , get battery from there
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Chris345
Level 7
New batteries available here though looks like they only ship to EU, UK etc.

https://www.zandparts.com/en/Zand%20Parts-ZPCS-AUG751NB

navis995
Level 11
...ebay
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD