cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about high vrm temps? (Apex xi z390)

smegmer
Level 7
Hey guys!

My vrm tem is 80-85 close to idle ( surfing the webb typ of thing) and when gaming its about 95-100 degrees celcius, is this ok or should i be worried?

My setup is:

Asus maximus apex xi z390

i7 9700k (oc at 5ghz at all cores-1.290 vcore)

corsair h115i
radiator in the front two noctua 140mm pusch config (in to the case thrue the radiator) and one noctua 120 mm fan out back and one 140mm noctua fan blowing out air thrue the top.

case Nzxt h500

very resanoble tmep otherwise on the cpu about 70 degrees celcius during gaming (Battle field V) for example

is there some things in the bios i could do to ease up the temp on the vrm wiyhout lovering my oc and vcore?

Kindest regards John
9 REPLIES 9

ninezerofive
Level 10
That's not normal, I have 9700k @ 5.2 /1.325 and max i've seen in Prime is 68C

Can you post screens with temp readings?

ninezerofive wrote:

ive dont know for sure its the vrm or if somthing is wrong but i guess its the wrm (on picture im only using chrome)

any tips for other software to dubbel check ?

ninezerofive wrote:

Hello,

Might help to post what utility you're using for the readout. 85c isn't an issue, regardless.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello,

Might help to post what utility you're using for the readout. 85c isn't an issue, regardless.

If iam understanding you correctly the answer is Corsair link and Hwmonitor as seen in the two pictures

Went up to 90 when browsing yesterday and 95 during like 10 minutes of playing BFV

Regardless it isn't an issue?

I just think it's pretty damn high and I thought this moterbord would have low vrm temps beacuse of it's what I've read high number (more then usual) and really good mosfets and capacitors

Would be nice if any other apex Xi z390 owners could tell me thiere VRM temps

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The fets are well within tolerances. You'd need to compare with others using the same utilities, which is why I asked 9zero5 to post which he was using.

It's also not a good idea to run multiple polling tools at once, either
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

HWiNFO64

I don't think that sensor 5 is VRM. Silent Scone maybe you know, isn't that the one located on the back of motherboard? I think there's one right behind the CPU

ninezerofive wrote:
HWiNFO64

I don't think that sensor 5 is VRM. Silent Scone maybe you know, isn't that the one located on the back of motherboard? I think there's one right behind the CPU

Thanks for the answer! now i thinkits somthing else like a false read... it went down before for no reason and got stuck on 75 static.. and when my pc had been turned of and had been for the whole night i checked straight after the cooldboot like seconds from when i turned it on and it read 100 degrees... cant be right..

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
The fets are well within tolerances. You'd need to compare with others using the same utilities, which is why I asked 9zero5 to post which he was using.

It's also not a good idea to run multiple polling tools at once, either

thanks for the reply! ive misread your post of course you can se on the imge what i use for temp readings.... as i said it must be a false read as i stated in the post above...

smegmer
Level 7
What i can see its not the vrm, using hwinfo it says 39 so thats a relif!80359