cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Asus Aura freezing/frozen "animation"

jahedegaard
Level 7
Just wanted to share this as after 6 days of "testing" this seems to be a permanent fix to an error I frequently encountered on different systems:

Error description:

Asus Aura randomly freezes mid lighting animation. I.e. get stuck. (Happens roughly 2-3 times daily if running the PC 18/24)
The program can still be opened, but applying changes, doing a refresh etc does not make it "re-animate".
A soft reboot of Win10 solves the issue.

Fix (I will spare you the long story about how I discovered it):

When frozen ->Run->services.msc->Find lightningservice.exe->Rightclick->Select restart

And boom. Aura is "animating"/running again without having to reboot.

Note: When you find the service it actually says its already running. Dont ask me why.

Also, make your life a bit easier and make a batch file sitting on your desktop to do the above.So you dont have to go through the services list every time.

Hope this can help others with a similar issue.

My current aura version is 1.07.55. Im not going to install 1.07.60. Im too scared....(take that Asus, you release upgrades your customers are not installing because they feel confident it will just screw oveer their system....)
2 REPLIES 2

miguelos
Level 7
jahedegaard wrote:
Just wanted to share this as after 6 days of "testing" this seems to be a permanent fix to an error I frequently encountered on different systems:

Error description:

Asus Aura randomly freezes mid lighting animation. I.e. get stuck. (Happens roughly 2-3 times daily if running the PC 18/24)
The program can still be opened, but applying changes, doing a refresh etc does not make it "re-animate".
A soft reboot of Win10 solves the issue.

Fix (I will spare you the long story about how I discovered it):

When frozen ->Run->services.msc->Find lightningservice.exe->Rightclick->Select restart

And boom. Aura is "animating"/running again without having to reboot.

Note: When you find the service it actually says its already running. Dont ask me why.

Also, make your life a bit easier and make a batch file sitting on your desktop to do the above.So you dont have to go through the services list every time.

Hope this can help others with a similar issue.

My current aura version is 1.07.55. Im not going to install 1.07.60. Im too scared....(take that Asus, you release upgrades your customers are not installing because they feel confident it will just screw oveer their system....)

hi just sharing my solution i tried what u mentioned here but no luck so i unistalled the usb composite device from device manager under system devices, mouse and usb devices will stop working but just press power button to shut it down then start and check aura to see if it works without freezing! it worked for me seems to be driver related. hope it helps people with same issue. *

On Win 11 with iCue plugins installed for aura. Change status type of 2 service.
1. Open Services
2. iCUE device plugin host service -> Disabled
3. LightingService -> Automatic
4. Restart system