cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a new one...

Max_Settings
Level 7
In any other mode but Windows, my cpu temp and system fans ramp up like crazy. I can do nothing but enter BIOS and my CPU temp rises very quickly. My radiator fans also ramp up rather quickly. This is abnormal behavior and is not reflective of the system "load". Upon booting into the Windows desktop, everything returns to normal levels, the CPU temp falls and the fans spin down to normal levels. The system is returned to a whisper quiet level. If I play games or do something else that is more than a simple "idle", the fans work properly and will gradually ramp up and down as need be. The PC is otherwise normal.

What causes this? Do I have pending hardware failure of some sort? I do not and have never overclocked anything. The UEFI is at system defaults, with the exception of the M.2 setting at x4 (adjusted from x2). Fans are set to DC and/or PWM and the same thing happens in both conditions. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone heard of something like this happening? This is a new one for me. I have never experienced anything like this before.

The only thing that has changed recently was the addition of my RTX 2070 (ASUS Strix 8GB OC), and a swap of keyboard (Strix Flare) and mouse (Gladius II Origin). When changing out my GPU, nothing else was tampered with. My AIO is the same, etc. (Corsair h115i)

Any ideas? Thanks
0 REPLIES 0