cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone undervolted their ROG gl503 vm?. GPU(86 C) and CPU (97 C).

deathstar
Level 7
Hi i am worried about high temps and i want to know if someone was able to lower their temperatures through undervolting or some other strategy. If yes please do share as i am worried about it.
7 REPLIES 7

wesker465
Level 7
Yes, check my thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109901-My-ROG-GL502VS-temperature-battles-)

I got gl502vs but they are simmilar in construction.

Gonna check it! Thankyou for the reply

JohnyW
Level 7
deathstar wrote:
Hi i am worried about high temps and i want to know if someone was able to lower their temperatures through undervolting or some other strategy. If yes please do share as i am worried about it.

I did, I have i5-7300HQ and I set -0,120V in XTU and it's stable. Temp before were getting to 94°C in AIDA64 stability test with full strength stress just without HDD stress test.
After UV, temperatures decreased in same stress test to approx. 80°C.

JohnyW wrote:
I did, I have i5-7300HQ and I set -0,120V in XTU and it's stable. Temp before were getting to 94°C in AIDA64 stability test with full strength stress just without HDD stress test.
After UV, temperatures decreased in same stress test to approx. 80°C.

Run Rise of the Tomb Raider for a few minutes or GTA5 for a couple of hours and see if it's still stable. Those synthetic stability tests are kind of useless.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Run Rise of the Tomb Raider for a few minutes or GTA5 for a couple of hours and see if it's still stable. Those synthetic stability tests are kind of useless.

I run Hunt: Showdown which runs on Cryengine with medium-high preset for 2 hours in a row with -0.12V. There was no freezing, no crashes, no throttling, max temp CPU 79-83°C.

When I set the value to -0.135V, then it crashed after I stopped Aida stability test.. So I consider that -0.135V is too much.

JohnyW wrote:
I run Hunt: Showdown which runs on Cryengine with medium-high preset for 2 hours in a row with -0.12V. There was no freezing, no crashes, no throttling, max temp CPU 79-83°C.

When I set the value to -0.135V, then it crashed after I stopped Aida stability test.. So I consider that -0.135V is too much.

Mine ran absolutely fine on literally everything at -130mv, except those two games. GTA5 online would randomly crash after a couple of hours (single player was fine for whatever reason) and ROTTR would crash on the benchmark or if I paused the game. Changing it back to -120mv fixed it.
Had the same problem on my old Lenovo with GTA5. I was blaming the game at some point since everything else was running fine. Didn't tested ROTTR at the time because the poor thing can't run it lol

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Mine ran absolutely fine on literally everything at -130mv, except those two games. GTA5 online would randomly crash after a couple of hours (single player was fine for whatever reason) and ROTTR would crash on the benchmark or if I paused the game. Changing it back to -120mv fixed it.
Had the same problem on my old Lenovo with GTA5. I was blaming the game at some point since everything else was running fine. Didn't tested ROTTR at the time because the poor thing can't run it lol

I own ROTTR as well. But I would have to download it at first.. I played AC:Origins and nothing happened. Unfortunately, I do not own GTA V.