cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable PCIe and PWR LEDs on the Prime Z390-A at night?

freddiebox
Level 7
I can turn off all the design-LEDs using the Aura app, but after shutting off the computer at night there will be two very bright white status LEDs on my PCIe slots on my GPU, and the green PWR_LED on the motherboard itself. Any way to disable these LEDs when the computer is off? And sometimes my Razer keyboard and mouse can turn on in the middle of the night with pulsating rainbow colours... So you can udnerstand why I find this annoying as my desk is just opposite of my bed.
6 REPLIES 6

pndiode
Level 11
Works for me!

Advance Menu/APM Configuration/ErP Ready: Enable(S4+S5).

pndiode wrote:
Works for me!

Advance Menu/APM Configuration/ErP Ready: Enable(S4+S5).

This turned on the VGA warning-led on the motherboard. Rebooting, and resetting back to defaults returned the computer to normal... Very odd, perhaps this messed up power consumption on boot for the GPU? I remember having a similar issue on another ASUS motherboard where messing around with power settings turned on the VGA-led and even rebooted the computer at random for no reason.

Disregard my previous post, the VGA-led turned on because a monitor related issue I fixed.

About my original question chaning ERP didn't do anything about the PCIe lights. It only turned off power feed to USB ports, which fixed half of my problem when my keyboaord could turn on at random. The very bright lights on the GPU is still on after shutdown though...

freddiebox wrote:
Disregard my previous post, the VGA-led turned on because a monitor related issue I fixed.

About my original question chaning ERP didn't do anything about the PCIe lights. It only turned off power feed to USB ports, which fixed half of my problem when my keyboaord could turn on at random. The very bright lights on the GPU is still on after shutdown though...

I believe theres just an aura setting in the bios to either have lights on or off in shutdown state . cant recall the menu tree right now however. Thats how it is on the x code

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I believe theres just an aura setting in the bios to either have lights on or off in shutdown state . cant recall the menu tree right now however. Thats how it is on the x code

That only affect the design LEDs, not the status lights. I have it set to turn off during shutdown.

tfp523
Level 7
freddiebox wrote:
I can turn off all the design-LEDs using the Aura app, but after shutting off the computer at night there will be two very bright white status LEDs on my PCIe slots on my GPU, and the green PWR_LED on the motherboard itself. Any way to disable these LEDs when the computer is off? And sometimes my Razer keyboard and mouse can turn on in the middle of the night with pulsating rainbow colours... So you can udnerstand why I find this annoying as my desk is just opposite of my bed.

I'm not sure if you can do that in UEFI/BIOS but you can always toggle the switch on the power supply to the OFF position.