cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite II Using Windows 10

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Hi. Does anyone know how to get AI Suite II (specifically Fan Xpert) to run (and install from the CD) when your OS is Windows 10? I have an eight year old ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard (which I originally ran with Windows 7) and the system still works well, but fan control has grown a challenge. Summer is coming and ambient temperatures where I live are starting to really ramp up. I have been using SpeedFan for a few months, but can't get it to work so well outside of the fans working at one constant speed. One of the fans--in particular, a Noctua 140 mm runs very fast unless controlled by SpeedFan--but would be much better on a curve. Any solutions, suggestions or thoughts (outside of going back to Windows 7 or 8, or 8.1 and/or making BIOS changes) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I have stopped using SpeedFan and instead have tweaked the fan speed for the Noctua fan in the BIOS. I have yet to monitor the temperatures and fan speeds to see what is happening now, but plan to do that and will add to this post later in case anyone is interested.

System specs (this system vs new one):

Rampage III Black Edition
i7 990 XE CPU
Asus 1070 RTX x 2 in SLI
Ryuo 240 AOI CPU cooler
0 REPLIES 0