cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

144hz / 240hz / RTX laptop

Quasho
Level 7
Hello there folks,

I was wondering if you could give me some insight on my next purchase.

I am considering buying one of the new 2019 Asus laptops, however, there are so many options out there that it's easy for someone like me to get lost with all the broadly laptop specs.

I mainly play World of Warcraft and I do a lot of content creation due to my job (InDesign, Photoshop and Robohelp, all from Adobe).

I was wondering if I would see a lot of difference between a laptop with 144hz vs 240hz monitor - and which RTX would be the best 2060, 70 or 80?

I am very keen on the new Rog Scar Strix 3 (however, I still do not know when they will be released ) but the 17 inches one only has 144hz and not 240hz.

Your help would be very much appriciated and I do apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Cheers 0/
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
For an RPG you will not need the higher refresh rate. It would be most noticeable in FPS games. Also if you do content creation the 17 inch screen would likely make you more productive than a smaller screen. However if you need to travel a lot then you may not want to pack a 17 inch machine. It depends on your situation.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
For an RPG you will not need the higher refresh rate. It would be most noticeable in FPS games. Also if you do content creation the 17 inch screen would likely make you more productive than a smaller screen. However if you need to travel a lot then you may not want to pack a 17 inch machine. It depends on your situation.

Many thanks buddy! Regarding the content creation, I will get a work laptop to use it - so I won't be doing as much as I am currently doing on my private machine.
The 17inch machine doesn't look that much bigger (at least within the pictures) plus the weigh is not that much difference 🙂 but if I won't be seeing that much difference within an MMORPG (144hz vs 240hz) I might go to the 144hz if the price difference is very high 🙂