7 REPLIES 7

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
what model of the strix 1070 you have?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

itzycharles wrote:
what model of the strix 1070 you have?

rog strix-gtx1070-8g-gaming

seems like ASUS giving us only ****y software's do they even properly test them?! I doubt it.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
issue can be the driver also. i do see usage on 80% there on both 2080ti and 1080ti. on games and stress test. The app is not perfect. but i am worry more of the drivers than the app itself
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
issue can be the driver also. i do see usage on 80% there on both 2080ti and 1080ti. on games and stress test. The app is not perfect. but i am worry more of the drivers than the app itself

BIOS updated
Nvidia driver updated [clean installed] 430.64
All the drivers updated via DriverEasy normally but this time I did clean install to Nvidia to make sure.
you can get free keys here if you want to try it https://www.drivereasy.com/giveaway/chip/2019/

Lol. Wrong/stuck numbers reported by the software, I think. I updated too--after reading about some Asus software security breech (called Operation ShadowHammer if you want to Google it). Anyhow, now I'm getting the same thing on at least one of my rigs. I have two Asus 1070s in one and two Asus 2080s in the other and the numbers don't jive with CPUIDMonitor's numbers, but then what exactly is GPU Speed anyway? HWMonitor reports Graphics, Memory, and VIdeo clock speeds, which look fine here.

Super Gnome wrote:
Lol. Wrong/stuck numbers reported by the software, I think. I updated too--after reading about some Asus software security breech (called Operation ShadowHammer if you want to Google it). Anyhow, now I'm getting the same thing on at least one of my rigs. I have two Asus 1070s in one and two Asus 2080s in the other and the numbers don't jive with CPUIDMonitor's numbers, but then what exactly is GPU Speed anyway? HWMonitor reports Graphics, Memory, and VIdeo clock speeds, which look fine here.

Hello,
After we confirmed with our test team, this value is fixed on 1721MHz when choosing OC mode.
It shows the max clock in this mode.
If you want to see the real-time clock, you can install a monitoring app such as GPU-Z.
The clock will change according to the loading.

Also when choosing Game mode or Slient mode, the GPU speed will also have fixed value which will be a little lower than 1721MHz.

Your doubt is the value should not be so high when just idle and should be up and down.
Actually the value you want is the real-time speed, you can monitor it with GPU-Z, the GPU clock will not be so high and up and down when loading changed.

Kind Regards,
ASUS

Fabletics Promo Code is the best way to avail discounts on Fabletics store shopping, there are lots of items on which you can avail the discount, amazing offers so visit the store by clicking the button and Save your Pocket now!