cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GM laptop battery percentage increasing very slow

GeoBRB
Level 10
Hello again.
My ASUS ROG GL703GM, has been damaged after 3 months only. The RED power button and the WHITE bulb remain open (light). No display, no keyboards light, nothing.
Send it to service to repair in warranty.
After one week the laptop is back with the motherboard changed. :confused:
Now, all is working fine, but the laptop battery percentage increasing very very low.
Has been received with 25% percentage only and has been tested a while... Connected the power cord, the battery show connected, charging but very very slow.
About 0.1% in many minutes.
Discharged to 0% to charge again. The laptop, after 56-58 hours show me 70% battery percentage and still charging.

What can I do?

The OEM AC Power adapter is damaged after 3 months?
The battery is damaged after 3 months?
The new Motherboard is damaged?

I have to try a new power cord, then a new AC Power adapter, the a new battery. There is no other sollution 😞
15 REPLIES 15

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
I would say one or more battery cells are going bad or something wrong with the charging circuit. Definitely nothing to do with the AC adapter.

Try resetting the EC chip. Turn it off, hold the power button until the LEDs flash, then power it on again.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
I would say one or more battery cells are going bad or something wrong with the charging circuit. Definitely nothing to do with the AC adapter.

Try resetting the EC chip. Turn it off, hold the power button until the LEDs flash, then power it on again.

I try many options. Nothing. Now is charged at 100% after 4 days... but there is another issue 😞
All games are jamming at every 2-3 seconds.
Yesterday, my son test the GTA 5, the FIFA19 and all games are jamming at every 2-3 seconds.
The GTA 5 benchmark show 180 FPS for 2-3 seconds, then 20 FPS for 1-2 seconds, and so on... 😞
Windows 10 is updated, NVIDIA GTX 1060 has the latest drivers.

WTF?

The AC POwer adapter is working fine with the battery disconnected.
I run METRO EXODUS for 1 minutes. Not played, just I run for test and I go in all directions with the keyboard only. Then I exit.
So the AC Power adaper is good and is working fine without the battery.
Now I have to open the case again to disconnect the battery again to test some games.

It's possible to jamming games if the battery is damaged ?
I don't know which word to say in english for this... Interruption in games. Like a framedrops at very slow FPS for every 1-2 seconds at every 2-3 seconds or 1-2 seconds....
I can't play the games at normal performance. Sometimes it looks like the Counter Strike is working properly. The interruption is very rare...

xeromist
It might be possible for a failing battery to cause this if it's causing the power mode to change. What happens if you just run games on battery without the AC adapter? It will perform worse but is it consistent or still speeding up and slowing down?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It might be possible for a failing battery to cause this if it's causing the power mode to change. What happens if you just run games on battery without the AC adapter? It will perform worse but is it consistent or still speeding up and slowing down?

I have to testing this. I'm not testing the games with the battery only. I'll do this today and I'll reply here 😞
With AC Power adapter and battery connected I test GTA 5 in NORMAL graphiccs mode (not HIGH or VERY HIGH), and resolution to 1600x900. Is working fine, but sometimes and very rare I have frame drops, but with the maximum enery power saver of the processor set it from 100% to 99% only. I the settings are to 100% I have many frame drops.
With mininam resolution like 1366x768 is working fine, but who play this ?

I have to open the case again to disconnect the battery and test the games with the AC POWER adapter only in full performance. I'll be back with a reply 😞

I don't want to belive that the laptop has issues because the a new motherboard has been changed 😞

Working fine with the battery connected only. There are no FRAMES DROPS in games if the laptop stay connected with the battery only.
If the AC Power charger is connected, all games get FRAMES DROPS at every 1-2 seconds, then is working fine again for 1-2 seconds and so on...
So the AC Power adapter is damaged. Has no power to charge the battery and the laptop.

Today someone come to me with his AC Power adapter for GL703GM to test my laptop. If is working fine, then I have to change the AC adapter, else I have to test the games with the AC Power adapter connected, but without the battery connected.
If the issue persist, then the new motherboard is damaged (changed in the warranty) 😞

I buy a new AC Power charger with 19.5 V, 11.8 A and the same issue. The battery of my laptop not charging. Original AC Power charger has 19.5V and 9.23A.
The Windows show charging, but the percentage not increasing. The same... I have FRAMES DROPS in the games with the charger connected.
If I disconnecting the AC POWER adapter I can play the games without FRAMES DROPS on the battery only. At good resolution and set to HIGH or VERY HIGH. Now I have battery percentage 46% only... 😞

Today I try do disconnecting the battery amd I try to play the games with the charger only to see if the FRAMES DROPS persisting...

If is working fine with the charger only could be the battery? Right? Or if is not working fine with the AC Power charger only and the FRAMES DROPS persisting, the issue come from the new motherboard, changed in the warranty from the last 2 weeks ago...

I must send it again to the service to change the motherboard again 😞

The laptop is working fine, Windows, memory, M2, SSD, external devices, no problems. Only FRAMES DROPS in the games with the AC charger connected only 😞

CONCLUSION: I get good performance in games running on battery only, but bad performance while the charger is connected.

GeoBRB wrote:
I buy a new AC Power charger with 19.5 V, 11.8 A and the same issue. The battery of my laptop not charging. Original AC Power charger has 19.5V and 9.23A.
The Windows show charging, but the percentage not increasing. The same... I have FRAMES DROPS in the games with the charger connected.
If I disconnecting the AC POWER adapter I can play the games without FRAMES DROPS on the battery only. At good resolution and set to HIGH or VERY HIGH. Now I have battery percentage 46% only... 😞

Today I try do disconnecting the battery amd I try to play the games with the charger only to see if the FRAMES DROPS persisting...

If is working fine with the charger only could be the battery? Right? Or if is not working fine with the AC Power charger only and the FRAMES DROPS persisting, the issue come from the new motherboard, changed in the warranty from the last 2 weeks ago...

I must send it again to the service to change the motherboard again 😞

The laptop is working fine, Windows, memory, M2, SSD, external devices, no problems. Only FRAMES DROPS in the games with the AC charger connected only 😞

CONCLUSION: I get good performance in games running on battery only, but bad performance while the charger is connected.

Well i think i have i little problem like you, please teel me your battry charge in hwmonitor or hwinfo how many Volts are accusing and what is your level wear of the batttery

Regards

raju2529
Level 7
type the following commands in cmd with admin rights
powercfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\energy-report19-05-2019.html /duration 120
powercfg.exe /BATTERYREPORT -output C:\battery-report19-05-2019.html /duration 14

results will be stored in C:\
upload results in Online storage and share the link here
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Hello again.

@raju2529 here is the link:

https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/v15yDLAU/file.html

Take a look here...

The battery has been disconnected to test the motherboard with AC Power adapter only.
The laptop still get FRAMES DROPS in all games.

So the motherboard is damaged. Has been changed in the warranty from 10 days ago.
I have to send it again to the service.

Guys, the battery not charging from one week ago. The Windows show me charging but not chrging 😞
Belive me the new motherboard is damaged. 😞