cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II - 1.9.7.1 - won't load my last selected profile at Windows 10 start

uplink
Level 9
Hey there

I'm using Asus ROG Gene XI mobo, Asus ROG Thor 850P, Asus ROG Ryujin 240 and most importantly, Asus ROG RTX 2080Ti Strix OC.

My problem is, whenever I start Windows, my last loaded profiles are all cleared. It forces my fans controlled via ASUS FanConnect II to stop, which sucks, because I use them as intake fans.

My settings are: Main: Automaticallyu start GPU Tweak II when I log on to Windows [✓], all other are unticked. And My settings: Apply settings each time GPU Tweak II starts [✓].

Any idea how to force my custom profile on each start of the system?

Please advise

with kind regards

uplink
6 REPLIES 6

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
uplink wrote:
Hey there

I'm using Asus ROG Gene XI mobo, Asus ROG Thor 850P, Asus ROG Ryujin 240 and most importantly, Asus ROG RTX 2080Ti Strix OC.

My problem is, whenever I start Windows, my last loaded profiles are all cleared. It forces my fans controlled via ASUS FanConnect II to stop, which sucks, because I use them as intake fans.

My settings are: Main: Automaticallyu start GPU Tweak II when I log on to Windows [✓], all other are unticked. And My settings: Apply settings each time GPU Tweak II starts [✓].

Any idea how to force my custom profile on each start of the system?

Please advise

with kind regards

uplink

did you check the option load on start on settings?

Also safe is one thing saving the profile is the other.

did you create a profile with X name? you have to safe 2 times
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
did you check the option load on start on settings?

Also safe is one thing saving the profile is the other.

did you create a profile with X name? you have to safe 2 times

Hey there sir MrAgapiGC 🙂

Thank You for Your reply. Yes I did, the app starts and minimizes at my command. When the app starts, it loads my custom profile, with fans set to 0. When I select some pre-set profile and apply and load my custom profile and apply, the fans run at my desired speed.

uplink wrote:
Hey there sir MrAgapiGC 🙂

Thank You for Your reply. Yes I did, the app starts and minimizes at my command. When the app starts, it loads my custom profile, with fans set to 0. When I select some pre-set profile and apply and load my custom profile and apply, the fans run at my desired speed.

You say fans start on 0% correct? The bios switch in the 2080ti is on Q or P? I send my card. but maybe y can help on few stuff. aside the app you have or used to have another app that control the gpu?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
You say fans start on 0% correct? The bios switch in the 2080ti is on Q or P? I send my card. but maybe y can help on few stuff. aside the app you have or used to have another app that control the gpu?
Thank You kindly for Your reply sir MrAgapicGC!

I'm using MSi Afterburner primarily for controlling the GPU fan themselves, and of course the OC, power limit, etc. I use GPU Tweak II for sole purpose of the Fan Connect II.

When the GPU Tweak II initially loads, the profile selected is my custom one [SILENT], but it loads the external fan speed curve at 0. I also tried to set all of the profiles external fan speed curve to some value, but after restart all of the pre-set profiles are reset to their original settings.

I'm using Q BiOS [Quiet]. Should I try to switch to P [Performance]?

And You're having 2080Ti Strix OC too?

uplink wrote:
Thank You kindly for Your reply sir MrAgapicGC!

I'm using MSi Afterburner primarily for controlling the GPU fan themselves, and of course the OC, power limit, etc. I use GPU Tweak II for sole purpose of the Fan Connect II.

When the GPU Tweak II initially loads, the profile selected is my custom one [SILENT], but it loads the external fan speed curve at 0. I also tried to set all of the profiles external fan speed curve to some value, but after restart all of the pre-set profiles are reset to their original settings.

I'm using Q BiOS [Quiet]. Should I try to switch to P [Performance]?

And You're having 2080Ti Strix OC too?

I am going to recommend, do not use both apps at the same time. One or the other.

I did have 2080tiOC loan for 2 weeks. I all ready send it back.

The app works as it should. no issues on my side. The only issue i have is when i use the osd all asus apps close. and the cpu usage have millions numbers.

I think i have to make a video for it of some sort.

The bios switch only, as far i check, is fan profile. turn off the computer and take the current out of the PSU, select the P bios and reconnect the psu. Go to windows.

Since Panama is hot and i make my own fan profile. I do not OC my cards. since when 60C pass, all cards start to clock down. my fan profile are made 100%/60C and work the curve down. On performance mode, the fans are set automatic at 30%

Select OC mode. change the fan profiles as you like. 100%/60C if you like and work down the curve on both fans. Safe make a new profile. put the name you like. save

On settings (my settings) apply oc range and apply settings each time the app start. save.

try
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
I am going to recommend, do not use both apps at the same time. One or the other.

I did have 2080tiOC loan for 2 weeks. I all ready send it back.

The app works as it should. no issues on my side. The only issue i have is when i use the osd all asus apps close. and the cpu usage have millions numbers.

I think i have to make a video for it of some sort.

The bios switch only, as far i check, is fan profile. turn off the computer and take the current out of the PSU, select the P bios and reconnect the psu. Go to windows.

Since Panama is hot and i make my own fan profile. I do not OC my cards. since when 60C pass, all cards start to clock down. my fan profile are made 100%/60C and work the curve down. On performance mode, the fans are set automatic at 30%

Select OC mode. change the fan profiles as you like. 100%/60C if you like and work down the curve on both fans. Safe make a new profile. put the name you like. save

On settings (my settings) apply oc range and apply settings each time the app start. save.

try
hey there sir MrAgapiGC. Thank You kindly for Your reply and time.

Nah, I'm ommiting this trial and error routine. I'll wait for some newer version. There's way too much SW running on my PC to try uninstalling all of it. I tried the MSi AB, and some others, but it didn't help. Now when I select other custom profile, it sometimes loads, and sometimes doesn't.

Asus's SW is being a mess for the past 20 years from what I can remember, so it's nothing new. Now I just spent 6 hours trying to fix Aura Sync, and my fix was uninstalling it and running my whole setup in a rainbow effect. It's such a sad story that Asus isn't able to make their SW run, although, they're still far ahead of MSi, GA, AsRock and other companies, so kudos for them, right?

I'm leaving this alone.

P.S.: I need MSi AB, for proper GPU/VRAM OC, Asus GPU Tweak II is a turd for these operations, from back when I can remember :/. It can't properly overclock their own products, what a shame.