cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Aura to color when not in Windows

itsfoxbit
Level 7
I have an X470-F Gaming motherboard. So here's how it goes. My PC is off, the motherboard's LEDs are rainbow, as soon as I turn the machine on, they turn to red. It isn't until I boot into Windows and Aura starts running that they can change to anything else. I would like to change the LEDs when the system is on but Aura is not present. I can't figure out how. It would have been nice just to have them at rainbow at all times but for some stupid reason they change red as soon as I turn the system on. The "Sync at Shutdown" option only works for when the system is OFF or Sleeping.

I remember before having the LEDs rainbow without Aura, but I can't remember how

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

katlani
Level 9
This is what i gathered.
The last snapshot before your change on AURA will be visible until windows boots up.

i.e. I use Static blue color.
I clicked on set to default on AURA and now it goes through the color cycle, as soon as it hits the cyan color, i click on static and blue, then apply.
So, what happens is that while i'm in Windows, its blue, but while i'm not, its cyan (still Static).

As for how to keep it blue all the time, i had to reset the bios, then it stayed blue for some reason (both boot and Windows).

katlani wrote:
This is what i gathered.
The last snapshot before your change on AURA will be visible until windows boots up.

I clicked on set to default on AURA and now it goes through the color cycle, as soon as it hits the cyan color, i click on static and blue, then apply.
So, what happens is that while i'm in Windows, its blue, but while i'm not, its cyan (still Static).

As for how to keep it blue all the time, i had to reset the bios, then it stayed blue for some reason (both boot and Windows).

Thank you. I'm having trouble with my x570-e as it's static red when the pc starts, then changes to blue and green when windows loads and armoury crate kicks in. I want it to be blue and green all the time and not red.

So I do this properly, can I check your method please?
With Armoury crate as it is (working fine in windows), when we reset our bios then that should apply the armoury crate effect at all times?

Alan wrote:
katlani wrote:
This is what i gathered.

Thank you. I'm having trouble with my x570-e as it's static red when the pc starts, then changes to blue and green when windows loads and armoury crate kicks in. I want it to be blue and green all the time and not red.

So I do this properly, can I check your method please?
With Armoury crate as it is (working fine in windows), when we reset our bios then that should apply the armoury crate effect at all times?

I tried that and it's not done what you said although it is better. After updating BIOS, the rainbow effect is now applied instead of red. However, it's not blue and green like it is in Windows. Any ideas if a step was missing in the middle?