cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic card not working gl553vd gtx 1050

mikeyav
Level 7
Hello,

Just today my graphic card suddenly broke without any warning or anything.

I try to open up games and I get DirectX errors, while others open but lag horribly to the point that the integrated card work even better.

The card is completely useless right now, I visited the Nvidia panel and looks like it also changed my games automatically from NVIDIA's card to the integrated probably because its not working. But i changed it back but of no use.

What can I do??? Is it hardware issue or what? My laptop is barely 1 year old.

I visited the RoG drivers support site and the newest driver for the card was from September 2018 and its the one that i am currently using.

Please help someone. Anyone else facing a similar issue?
3 REPLIES 3

TimeLion724
Level 8
You might have to do RMA your laptop if you still have your warranty, back up all your data and do a fresh install before you do.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

TimeLion724 wrote:
You might have to do RMA your laptop if you still have your warranty, back up all your data and do a fresh install before you do.

Is it any possible that a Win10 update can mess up with the graphic card or the fans of the laptop?

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
@mikeyav yes its definitely, possible that windows 10 update can mess up the gpu setttings on optimus technology.
I would recommend uninstalling the Gpu driver using DDU. (display driver uninstaller program).
Reinstall graphics drivers in safemode and check.
I would even recommend a clean reset of windows 10.
Its unlikely that a new 1050 card can die just like that.