cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running SLI?

Nate152
Good day to all ROGer's

Some say SLI is dying, some say SLI is dead altogether, well i say it depends on the games you play.

I haven't run SLI since the 600 series and it worked very good in the games that support it. True, all games don't support SLI but the ones that do, show a nice increase in performance.

So, I started this thread for anyone who is running SLI of any gpu generation to post their performance in games, that goes for anyone with 2000 series gpu's which now uses NVLink.

I'll start off with the first game I tested which was Destiny 2, performance and gameplay are excellent with SLI. There are texture issues at times but this is a problem with the recording.

Come one, come all, I'd like to see SLI performance in the games you play.

Frames Per Second in the upper right corner in green.

19 REPLIES 19

Heini
Level 11
Specs show you have both water cooled, good deal. Maybe I ought to build the AMD machine that I've been contemplating and put two Radeon VII cards in it .... We could race!

Nate152
Thank you Heini !

Zen 3 and Navi coming soon, double check if Hitman supports crossfire.

I got a water block and back plate for the 2nd Titan Xp but have not installed it yet, I'll install it when I build the new pc. I can only get a little at a time so it's gonna be a good while.

Nate152
Testing has come to hault as a stick of my ram died, will post more SLI results when I get a new kit.

Heini
Level 11
Sorry to "Arne" ... it isn't closed to me!

Heini wrote:
Sorry to "Arne" ... it isn't closed to me!

I don't run SLI anymore....maybe it's that;)

Nate152
Not sure what happened but somehow this thread got closed, until I get a new ram kit, here is Superpostion results with 8GB of ram.

Nate152
I've been looking at some 16GB ram kits and debating myself what I should go with.

I asked myself this question which I'm sure has been asked a million times, "Which is better for gaming, higher frequency or lower latency? " After researching you'll find you'll get both answers to this question and leaves you with your arms thrown up in the air.

The most relevant thing I came across is, " higher frequency = more bandwidth which edges out latency." Price reflects this too, higher frequency = higher cost.

Newegg Seems to have the best price for Trident Z at the moment, I feel my 7700k and Maximus IX Code are up to the challenge so I chose these.

Nate152
So the ram finally came today and I was anxious to to see if it could run at 4133MHz but sadly it cannot. I could boot at 4000MHz with 20-21-21-41-2T but I wasn't happy with that, lowering the frequency to 3952MHz let me tighten the timings to 16-16-16-35-1T which I'm much happier with and this looks like the best it can do.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

davemon50
Level 11
I'm running Xfire, but haven't tested recently. I had a video card fail on me in the last couple months, so I bought another one on ebay. Haven't taken the time to put it in the system yet though. After I do I can re-test.
Davemon50