cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix RX 580 08G Gaming no display

Fatal1ty6688
Level 7
Hi,

This vcard was bought brandnew back in Nov 2018. I have been using it fine until a couple of weeks ago. It suddenly wouldn't output any display but has power, RGB lights working and 3 fans working. It had some hitches before wherein it would crash any PC game requiring lots of gpu usage like GTA V high settings, Resident Evil 2 etc before it stopped displaying. I checked the led indicator on the mobo on post (ROG B450F Gaming), it halts on the video part - white led.

These are the troubleshooting steps that i have done:
• reseated the gpu to the same PCIE slot
• tried different cables; hdmi and display port
• tried a different gpu (Sapphire Pulse RX 570 using 8 pins also) on the same slot and it works fine (so it is not the slot).
• cleared my mobo cmos ROG B450F Gaming
• tried the other 2 pcie slots on the motherboard
• removed all pc components except for the mobo, ram, gpu, keyboard and mouse
• reseated the rams, used 1 stick only of the 2x8gb Trident Z 3200mhz
• installed the RX 580 on a diff computer, same indicators; with power, RBG lighting and fans working but wouldn't go past the post

Other things i tried:
• used the other gpu on PCIE slot 1 with the Strix RX 580 on slot 2 (halts on video)
unplugged the RX 580, works fine on the RX 570
• used the other gpu on PCIE slot 2 with the Strix RX 580 on slot 1 (halts on video)
• used the other gpu on PCIE slot 2 with the Strix RX 580 on slot 3 (halts on video)
• there might be other troubleshooting steps i missed to write, but i'll let you know if i have done it or missed it

I was trying to see if the Strix RX 580 can be detected in the OS or in the BIOS. I'm wanna make sure i exhausted all possible troublshooting steps before i send it in for RMA. If it does, i would need assistance where to send it to. Thanks ASUS
1 REPLY 1

retroraverstyle
Level 7
1. Remove all the stuff, that can be removed, from the card. 2. Balance the card on small screws, which are screwed gently into the holes in the PCB. 3. Heat up the oven to 210-220 degrees Celsius (~425 degrees Fahrenheit). 4. Put the card into the oven on a piece of tinfoil (doesn't matter which side is up), for 12 minutes. DO NOT TAKE THE CARD OUT YET! 5. Turn the oven off and GENTLY open the oven door, to let the card cool down, while it's still inside the oven, for 30 minutes. 6. Take the card out and reassemble.