cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate outdated?

Cerberus1977
Level 8
a few days ago, my armoury crate suddenly pops out a message saying my app is outdated and need to be updated.

with this error, my keyboard RGB is disabled and I can't set the power balance for my laptop.

trying to update it by going to the windows store as instructed by the app sends me to a"Armoury Crate Beta" app
but is unable to download because clicking on the link kept saying my armoury crate is already installed on my system.

Help? is there a alternate download link for the latest Armoury crate other than from the windows store?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

jdfrench3
Level 12
It would be very helpful if you could please post what model ASUS laptop you have.

Here is a dlcdnets.asus.com link of the latest version of Armoury Crate Service version 1.4.8, dated 04/22/2019, for the ASUS G703GX:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G703GX/ArmouryCrateService_ASUS_CFL_W10_64_V148.zip

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
It would be very helpful if you could please post what model ASUS laptop you have.

Here is a dlcdnets.asus.com link of the latest version of Armoury Crate Service version 1.4.8, dated 04/22/2019, for the ASUS G703GX:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G703GX/ArmouryCrateService_ASUS_CFL_W10_64_V148.zip

Good Luck

thanks, I'll give it a go later and will feedback on whether it works

Ok , took me a long while to figure things out and get things going. And in case in future some new guys have this problem,
hope my explanation below will help.

seems like we need to install two Armoury Crate app.

one is the Armoury Crate service app and the Armoury Crate itself.

to finally get things working right, I had to un-install the armoury crate service under control panel and
install the newer one from asus website.

then after that, I have to tap on my start button and search for armoury crate and then uninstall it from there,, else I cannot install the app from the windows store.
for some reason, you can;'t find the armoury crate app to uninstall from the control panel.

and thats it, hope it help anyone else having this problem as mine.