cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used a Windows Pro Upgrade Serial and now my System is stuck to Enterprise edition.

Pretzel
Level 7
I used an official Windows Pro Upgrade serial that i bought from Amazon, the system erroneously switched to Windows Enterprise edition, and now not even a complete reset can change that. My Windows can't activate. How can I reset Windows to the original Registration Key?
3 REPLIES 3

raju2529
Level 7
That serial might belongs to enterprise.
Enterprise edition is better than professional
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Wrinkly
Level 7
I'd get in touch with Microsoft. I don't think this has anything to do with ASUS. Perhaps MS can alter the license linked to your MS account.

xeromist
raju2529 wrote:
That serial might belongs to enterprise.
Enterprise edition is better than professional

Enterprise requires a licensing server on your network. Hence it is not appropriate for home users or even small businesses. OP got scammed.

@Pretzel: You can try the link below. Unfortunately sometimes enterprise keys disable some autonomy of the systems even if you have administrative rights so removing the key may not work. In that case it might be easiest to wipe the drive and reinstall from scratch.
https://www.howtogeek.com/124286/how-to-uninstall-your-windows-product-key-before-you-sell-your-pc/
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…