cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Rebooting Before BIOS Entry

Brack
Level 7
A couple weeks ago my custom loop's pump died and as such my rig locked up and shut off while I was using it. After replacing the pump, my PC entered a reboot loop every time I powered it on that day, rebooting almost every time a few seconds after the BIOS entry screen appears. After leaving it powered off overnight, the next morning it seemed to work fine and did for a couple weeks. Only one time I actually got a BSOD with the error: whea_uncorrectable_error (which Google seems to think could be related to voltage).

Today I woke up and powered it on, and I'm having the same reboot loop trouble. Every time I power on it reboots before I can either get into the BIOS or to the Windows loading circle. I followed a der8auer video to get my initial 5.0 OC stable (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUtA7DKXhU). I believe I'm at 1.35V for my OC.

Hardware:
i7 8086k (delidded @ 5.0Ghz)
Maximus X Formula
32GB DDR4
2080ti
970 evo (x2 RAID 0)
AX1200i PSU
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 Pump

Happy to provide any additional info that is necessary. Any thoughts on either the cause or solution?
4 REPLIES 4

raju2529
Level 7
I want to analysis memory dump file for BSOD causes, upload memory dump files in online storage and then paste link here . Send private messages to me Once you completed
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Thanks for the reply, but I can't even get to a Windows desktop right now. When I try to turn it on, it reboots a few seconds after the screen that says "Press del to enter BIOS" shows.

It may magically start working again if so I'll get the kernel dump.

Brack
Level 7
Not sure if it matters, but when it reboots the Q-Code sits on 99 for a few seconds, switches to 92 briefly, then back to 99 for less than a second before the reboot.

Brack
Level 7
Well today I went through all my hardware removing each component to test if it was the cause. Finally, I replaced my PSU and the system booted up normally.