cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro Compatibility with Maximus Hero IC

shiney
Level 8
Hello: I recently installed an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB into my Maximus Hero IX motherboard, replacing my prior SSD sata bot drive. *At boot I set the bios settings to x4 as instructed at boot for the M.2 drive. *The drive works fine but it benchmarks at below specifications, with a sequential write speed between 3000-3100, while the advertised rating and most online benchmarks are at 3500 or higher. *The lowest I have seen online is about 3250. *Sequential read is closer to spec at about 2800-2900. *these are all measured by CrystalMark at default settings. *I checked compatibility listings for the drive on tje Adata website and the Maximus IX was not listed as compatible .. only Maximus X and XI. *I have a couple of questions. *First, are my benchmark results within normal silicon or quality variation, such that there is no significant problem to be solved. *Second, is there a real compatibility issue with this drive and the Maximus IX and if so is there a software fix or mitigation, or do I just live with it. *Thanks for any advice.*
1 REPLY 1

erixx11
Level 11
Crystalmark is obsolete since long, isn't it?
That said, with same drive, AS SSD bench gives me about 2500 Seq write, 2800 seq read.
Mobo is Rampage VI Apex