cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio driver not supports latest windows update :(

AnonGhost
Level 11
after installing new windows 1903 my audio driver for z370e gaming not supports my pc:( realtec realtec audio console not working for configure my audio settings 😞
hope we will receiv new audio drivers
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E - GAMING
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 - 8600K
CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition
GPU: ASUS STRIX GEFORCE GTX 970 OC
RAM: 16GB - 2x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W 80+ GOLD
12 REPLIES 12

katlani
Level 9
bad news, i hope ASUS is aware and will stop falling behind.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I will try on the weekend on manual update clean install. i have to get new gear for all testing.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
The same with me. I did a clean install

MoKiChU
Level 40

i have clean install windows then install drivers so when i try to open realtek audio console to configure speackers and more it says " realtek audio console doesn't supports for this machine
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E - GAMING
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 - 8600K
CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition
GPU: ASUS STRIX GEFORCE GTX 970 OC
RAM: 16GB - 2x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W 80+ GOLD

katlani
Level 9
I've sent this to my usual contact from ASUS support which usually helps to speed up things.

As of now, since i only roll with ASUS certified and customized drivers, i think i will refrain from updating to 1903, although a manual "Check for Updates" will push it until they implement the "Download and Install" option.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Realtek HD Audio drivers (UAD or HDA) are officially compatible with Windows 10 1903/19H1 since version 6.0.8683.1 WHQL.

Latest UAD Drivers for ROG motherboards : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)
Latest HDA Drivers for ROG motherboards : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

The HDA FF00 drivers MoKiChU links above work fine on my Prime z370-A Win 1903.

katlani
Level 9
this is what i got from the ASUS support contact:

Hello Elad,

The Audio driver for 1903 needs update and test before upload to support site, and due to the resource, different model will have different priority, the time will be different than expected.

If you do not want to wait so long time, please provide us the information below, and we will key in system to provide a test driver of 1903 for the customer firstly.

1. The SN of the MB (Model: PRIME Z370-A).
2. A screenshot of the audio driver (Device Manager-> Propertites of the audio driver-> details tab-> Property: Hardware Ids).
3. The detailed version of your OS.
4. The main configuration, such as CPU/RAM/VGA card.

Kind Regards,
Idan_R

ASUS Israel

This was my reply:

Hi Idan,

Appreciate the effort in offering the below.
However, i could wait until you are done testing from your end for my model.

Do you have any roughly estimated ETA for when will the PRIME Z370-A motherboard get new drivers for Windows 10 1903 (specifically, the Audio driver)?
Meanwhile, i'm refraining from updating the Windows version to 1903 in order to avoid issues that are mentioned on the forum.