ROG Guru: White Belt Array AgentHunk's Avatar

GL702ZC Future on the topic of upgradability today?

With ryzen 3 just announced for release in July,what is the date of upgrade options? Why did they even bother with putting the effort into upgradability if there is no announcements planned?doesn't make sense to add the option to upgrade....if you don't offer the customer a chance to stay ahead.

New ROGer Array

Ive been following this over on Notebookreview, i reckon if anyone manages to mod a BIOS (or something), then those guys over there will be able to. Unlikley Asus will bother releasing a BIOS themselves.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...09882/page-167

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Asus is not gonna bother with this.
    You could try requesting a modded bios here: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/index.php

ROG Guru: White Belt Array AgentHunk's Avatar

It is too risky to get a unsupported bios and brick the machine.I do not want a 8lb paperweight.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentHunk View Post
    It is too risky to get a unsupported bios and brick the machine.I do not want a 8lb paperweight.
    Yes, there's a lot of risk involved. If you want to mess around with modded bioses, having a flash programmer and a bios dump is a must. In case anything goes south, just clip the programmer on the chip and flash it with the original dump.