cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently set my i7-7700k back to stock clocks. Fans run more often now? What voltage?

Chapel
Level 7
I recently started bringing my i7-7700k back to stock clock speed down from 4.7Ghz, to 4.6Ghz and now just back to "default settings" because some games (mostly EA) just crash to desktop with overclocking.

My old setup had my OC voltage set to 1.275v. The default setting is just 'default'

I've noticed my Kraken X62 fans spinning up to 100% more often than it ever did when OCd.

I'm currently using the ROG Dual Intelligent Processors 5 program for OCing (and have been from the start)

What voltage can I safely set this at? Do I set it as my OC Voltage

My previous settings were:

OC Voltage - 1.275

DRAM Voltage - 1.35

CPU Standby Voltage - 1.17

DRAM VTT Voltage - .675

CPU System Agent Voltage - 1.125

DMI Voltage 1.1375

VPPDDR Voltage - 2.5

Core PLL Voltage 1.0

CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.125

PCH Core Voltage 1.0

My ratios were set to 46 or 47 before, but now I've returned it all to stock.

I remember early on, the i7-7700k had wildly swinging voltages and heat problems. I vaguely remember setting the OC Voltage to like 1.20 or 1.25 on stock clocks were helping with temperatures.

I feel like I shouldn't be above 82C with stock clocks and a water cooler with fresh thermal paste on it...
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
crash to desktop while gaming is often (not always) related to low vcore, or sometimes dram voltage
too high cpu temps is also a cause for instability
ROG Dual Intelligent Processors 5 program for OCing = kinder egg surprise, its not stable or reliable
for a minor cpu OC, try just to bump up the vcore slightly above default in bios
but if your having temps problems, avoid overclocking , or find the source of the thermal issue first

quote: I feel like I shouldn't be above 82C with stock clocks and a water cooler with fresh thermal paste on it...

trust that feeling ))

good luck