cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X299 Prime Deluxe II Problems

AR-12
Level 7
I had been using a Gigabyte x299 board, but decided that I
d like the feature set of the Deluxe II --- so began the project.....

I replaced the Gigabyte board with the Deluxe II, but kept the rest of the hardware (CPU, video cards, SSD, memory, etc.) the same. Plan was to install a fresh version of Windows on the SSD via USB WIndows installer.

When I got everything up and going, I noticed two things --- 1) unpredictable booting; sometimes worked fine, but most often just a black screen with BIOS code hanging on A2. 2) The OLED display on the motherboard displayed nothing.

Thinking I had a defective board, I exchanged for another one ---- same problems.

Each board was running the latest BIOS. I am out of ideas as to what I can try next. What are the odds that I received two defective motherboards? I wonder, because that OLED display should be lit up, no? The OLED on both boards I tried, never displays anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

AR-12
Level 7
Playing around a bit more --- out of the blue, all is well, and I can install Windows. Upon reboot, back to the black screen --- this time, code 81. I have to say, this motherboard is perhaps the biggest piece of trash I have ever installed. Thank God I can remove it and get my $500 back!