cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help upgradeing

_M_PuLsE
Level 7
i just upgraded my graphics card from ASUS GT Gforce 210 1gb to ASUS GT Gforce 710 2gb (both fan less(silent series)) & is sluggish cause might be to fast for gb ram & or motherboard & or processor..... ive got an Gateway GT5422E amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ 2.6ghz dual core 200.88 bus speed AM2 Socket (940) / 2gb x2 = 4gb <----(maxed) ddr2-3 @ 400 & 1 @ 333 (not good i know).....

i know this is slow but do to budget ect. welp.....

if anybdy has upgrades fa this id greatly appreciate it.....

or if sombody has upgrade comments or advice please tell.....

mostly was wondering if im maxed out with gb ram..... if i upgrade my computer chip (2.6ghz) could i upgrade my ram or what do i need to do ta upgrade my ram if is maxed out or is that a motherboard thing.....

im upgrading from 2.6ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ to 3.2ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ so i think goes from 667 ?? somthin to 800mhz ??.....

soo in part i guess what im asking is what sets the standard of the gb ram restrictions..... & yes im taking donations for the keeping the gateways ruins alive funds 😛

& yes i know my comp is slow.....
& yes i know im mostly noob.....!!

& yes i do look forward to hearing from some of ya.....!!

i go by Tw¡Tch but ¡mpulse would suffice :cool:
4 REPLIES 4

raju2529
Level 7
Its better to chnage the motherboard , processor, and ram module with latest chipset with supporting windows 10 1903
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
Its better to chnage the motherboard , processor, and ram module with latest chipset with supporting windows 10 1903

ya didnt answer any of my questions..... only saying ya aint got the time ta help or not worth the effort... thkns & windows 10 allrdy works on this pc & quickly...!!

xeromist
At this point I think 4GB is really the minimum system memory I'd recommend for a Win 10 system. I can't remember what MS says but I had a laptop with less and I just gave it away because I couldn't justify selling it. So memory could very well be your limitation. Something that might help would be an SSD. I've had good results putting a cheap SSD into several people's systems with only 4GB of memory. It's not a miracle but when memory is limited you end up hitting storage more often so faster storage tends to help.

In answer to your question, yes memory is usually a motherboard limit. There are limits to what a CPU can address but usually you end up limited by the number of slots and the capacity that can be installed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

appriciate tha effort sir..... now fa me... where ta begin... 🙂