cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU shutting down randomly while in game/Black Screen/No signal

Lexblow
Level 7
When inside a game, my videocard (Asus Rog Strix 1080 ti oc edition) simply shuts down (or so it seems), the screen goes black, the monitor show the "No Signal" message, the sound keep playing for a while, the processor keeps running, i can still talk to my friends over discord or steam, but cant seem to alt+tab out of it or even ctrl+alt+del. I have to reset the pc for it to work again. Installed gpu tweak ii to see if it was a temperature issue, throttled teh fans to100% mannually, the temperature rarely goes over 70°c and it stills goes black screem/no signal. Is my gpu already faulty? Never oc'ed it never changed any factory setting till now. Plase can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4

raju2529
Level 7
keep cpoling of gpu fan . remove ram modules , clean the gold contacts , clen the motherboard . Reinsert trh ram module properly , Check video cable
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Yes, i tried, let me explain a bit more.
I have a gtx 1080 ti Rog Strix OC and i am having the issue listed above, my motherboard is a Rog Formula IX, with G.skill memoryes (32GB @4200mhz). I was gaming like for a few minutes on, then the screen goes black, my monitor shows no signal messsage, sounds keep on, and i cant alt+tab or ctrl+alt+del out of this, the only way is to reset the pc. Tried to turn the pc off, remove the cables, clean connectors, switch cables, switch video exits/inputs, no avail. Checking temperature shows nothing abnormal, around 80c playing witcher 3.

Retired
Not applicable
Lexblow, try running your PC on default setting's. Turn off the overclock from random access memory & central processing unit. Test the system.

Already done that, did also a CMOS reset, and the memories are now running at 2400mhz, cpu 7700k at 4.5ghz. No avail.

Did onbe last try, removed all cables, reinserted them firmly, removed all memories, the had some kind metal sharp like blades, and i cut myself on them, while reinserting. Funny thing is the mobo did not light up when i turned the psu switch on. (maybe it's a psu problem?). Unplugged from the wall, plugged it again, and it is working since yesterday. Dunno if its fixed or just making a fool of myself, or if my pc just wanted my blood.

Edit: Now the problem reappeared, fiercer than ever, i cant even play for more than 10 minutes. Some games like hearthstone or League don't cause the problem. Runned a furmark test and if crashed within 1:30 min mark.

Pretty sure GPU is dying, i just think is way too soon for this to happen. Disappointed. Contacted RMA and tehy said could do nothing because i bought the card in another country.