Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Daisy81 PC Specs
    Daisy81 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI Gaming X
    MonitorSamsung LU28E590DS/ZA
    CPU CoolerThermaltake M360 Plus Water Cooling Kit
    CaseThermaltake View 91 TG RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G613
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Just updated to the latest BIOS and now the machine won't post

    I updated the BIOS released May 2019. Now the memory that I was running at 3200MHz since July of 2018 has now stopped posting. It doesn't help that the update cleared all of my saved profiles so I have to go through everything again!

    But now the machine won't even post at 2400MHz for the memory. How is this a improvement for memory support?! I have to write this from my other MSI based X99 machine I had doing bitcoin mining.

    Please for the love of god ASUS fix the memory profiles because right now I feel like selling the board and getting something else because this is outragous.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200
    SaLSouL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    217

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy81 View Post
    I updated the BIOS released May 2019. Now the memory that I was running at 3200MHz since July of 2018 has now stopped posting. It doesn't help that the update cleared all of my saved profiles so I have to go through everything again!

    But now the machine won't even post at 2400MHz for the memory. How is this a improvement for memory support?! I have to write this from my other MSI based X99 machine I had doing bitcoin mining.

    Please for the love of god ASUS fix the memory profiles because right now I feel like selling the board and getting something else because this is outragous.
    HI Daisy81,

    Can you give us a bit more information please

    Model of MB?

    What BIOS you were on and what BIOS you upgraded too and any error message or post codes on the MB that were displayed after you flashed and unsucessfully attempted to boot with

    Kind Regards

    Sal

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array Daisy81 PC Specs
    Daisy81 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI Gaming X
    MonitorSamsung LU28E590DS/ZA
    CPU CoolerThermaltake M360 Plus Water Cooling Kit
    CaseThermaltake View 91 TG RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G613
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    I upgraded to the one in May just released for the sole purpose of having support for the new processors coming out. The machine is in my profile but in answer to your question it's a Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi. This forum is full of people with the same issue so it isn't isolated or in some way hardware that happened to fail at the same time.

    The BIOS updated fine with no error messages. The BIOS is simply ****. It cannot run the memory that it has been running fine at faster speeds and tighter timings right up until the BIOS update and now it runs like dog ****.
    **
    *I think I am done with ASUS. I'm not buying a more expensive X570 from them after my X470 was purposely gimped! This is not the first issue I have had with this board although it is a deal breaker for any future purchase decisions. It took me a long time to find out that the random reboots where because of some defect in the board where if a sensor is monitored the board simply powers off. Once I got past that I had the machine dialed in and running great. I updated the BIOS in preparation to upgrade to a Ryzen 9 3900X. I intended to keep the board for a while so I could save up for a new board. However now I cannot sell this board off fast enough.

    It is unstable at speeds that are 13% slower than stable speeds from July 2018's BIOS. If I thought I could simply roll back to that BIOS this board would still be fine. Honestly though this is my first AMD computer since the K6 days. I was very impressed for the most part but this is a deal breaker. I don't know if it is ASUS or AMD I should be directing my ire at, but to ensure results after this I'll go back to Intel and find another motherboard manufacturer.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200
    SaLSouL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    217

    I hear you daisy81, very similar story for me on the CHVI (Extreme) Im now 2 bios versions behind for that simple same reason you stated of memory stability it got worse the more mature the board became.

    you should be able to rollback to any BIOS you wish using a usb pen formatted to fat32 and renaming the BIOS file to C7H.cap , ensure the .cap file is on the root of the USB such as D:\C7H.cap not in a folder , put it in the USB BIOS Flashback port on the back and press the button on your MB IO back plate.

    you also need to do a BIOS reset back to default before flashing as settings cannot be carried across,

    Just so you know this is a user to user forum and there is little to no interaction with ASUS here, unless they deem it worthy

    Good Luck

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy81 View Post
    I updated the BIOS released May 2019. Now the memory that I was running at 3200MHz since July of 2018 has now stopped posting. It doesn't help that the update cleared all of my saved profiles so I have to go through everything again!

    But now the machine won't even post at 2400MHz for the memory. How is this a improvement for memory support?! I have to write this from my other MSI based X99 machine I had doing bitcoin mining.

    Please for the love of god ASUS fix the memory profiles because right now I feel like selling the board and getting something else because this is outragous.
    If you hate that you'll really hate that you can't downgrade.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array Zefram PC Specs
    Zefram PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition
    MonitorAsus PG279QZ 165Hz & VG248QE 144Hz
    Storage #1500GB Samsung 970 EVO
    Storage #24TB Western Digital
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB
    Headset Sennheiser Gaming One
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Control
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterNetgear N600
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone
    Zefram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by amadeus1171 View Post
    If you hate that you'll really hate that you can't downgrade.
    That's not true. The post above yours, literally, tells how to roll back your bios.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefram View Post
    That's not true. The post above yours, literally, tells how to roll back your bios.
    Have you tried it? I tried it and it keeps telling me 2303 and below bios' are invalid.

    And yes, I extracted it from the zip. And yes, I tried both the bios update tool and the pushbutton in the back (changing the name to C7HWIFI.CAP), and yes, the FS on the thumb drive is FAT32. The only bios it will accept for upgrade is 2304.

    I suspect it has to do that 2304 being double the size of all other bios'.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Angry True, flashback ain't working, BIG ISSUE HERE!!!

    For me this update (and possibly the previous one too I didn't tried)
    broke the ability to use FLASHBACK , the button won't do a thing (yes I know the way to do flashbacks, I did it plenty of time since I have this unstable motherboard).

    also it caused a hicup that untied my nvm raid , but most of all, it prevented my second graphic card to be powered on for virtualisation and GPU passthrough (card stays in D3 mode, can't be powered on, whereas it as working flawlessly previously -but there were ram stability issue-.....


    so I tried to rollback and....surprise, NO MORE FLASHBACK.... so beware and ASUS, please, fix it...


    I'm open to suggestions, and need these functionnalities

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Exclamation TRUE , see below post, you are right amadeus

    Quote Originally Posted by amadeus1171 View Post
    Have you tried it? I tried it and it keeps telling me 2303 and below bios' are invalid.

    And yes, I extracted it from the zip. And yes, I tried both the bios update tool and the pushbutton in the back (changing the name to C7HWIFI.CAP), and yes, the FS on the thumb drive is FAT32. The only bios it will accept for upgrade is 2304.

    I suspect it has to do that 2304 being double the size of all other bios'.


    Replied above, it's a mess
    Last edited by goon666; 06-12-2019 at 07:28 AM. Reason: correct a typo

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Lightbulb I sent a technical inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by goon666 View Post
    Replied above, it's a mess
    I put a technical service message, and suggest we all impacted do the same so it is fixed ASAP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •