New ROGer Array

Unhappy F555LJ WiFi Issue

Full model name: X555LJ

Bios version: X555LJ.502

CPU: Intel i5-5200 2.20 GHz

Memory amount in GB: RAM? 4GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 920M

SSD/HDDs/Optical Drives: physical memory-4.9GB. virtual memory-7.4GB.

AC Adapter: ???????

Operating system: Windows 10 Education

Drivers Installed: ?????????

System Overclocked: ???????

Issue:
    it disconnects from the wifi source when uploading, downloading, or playing online games. It also disables and re-enables the wifi adapter when it does this. After it has disconnected, it will not reconnect to any wifi signal, even one it has not connected to before. I used to restart the laptop in order to get it to reconnect to the wifi, but putting it to sleep and 'waking' it up works as well.
    It has done this from the beginning of the year before I partially reset my laptop (reset it due to other complications. Before it was reset, the task manager wouldn't open properly and would crash before it loaded. Task manager works fine now. Though it occasionally tells me the disk usage is at 100%. Help with that would also be great!).
    I'm at uni and have taken the laptop to the IT help department, but they did absolutely nothing for me (that was when I discovered putting it to sleep temporarily fixes it, so I couldn't show the IT people it being broken, and I didn't come back to them after failing to show them my issue).
    I have looked online for anyone with this same issue, but have only found kind-of similar ones. Most solutions talk about resetting the wifi modem, but it is not available for me to do that. Some solutions involved turning aeroplane mode on then off (didn't work) and resetting the wifi adapter (didn't work). I've looked at updating drivers and such, but I'm not particularly tech-savvy, and I don't want to ruin my laptop.

My wifi adapter is the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

If I've stated anything questionable or whatnot feel free to ask for clarification, and maybe direct me to how I can find out. It's just quite maddening to have to turn off my laptop and turn it back on in order to reconnect to the wifi.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.305 )
    MotherboardAsus motherboard
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294
    MonitorLcd monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    Casefrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek with ice sound
    OS Windows 10 64bit 1809 build no 17763.503
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router

I think your model laptop, does not have latest Wi-Fi driver in asus official website. so I would recommend you to install generic Wi-Fi Qualcomm driver from modded driver by the individual developer.
    broswse to necacom.net and get correct drivers from that site.

I hope it will solve

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by raju2529 View Post
    I think your model laptop, does not have latest Wi-Fi driver in asus official website. so I would recommend you to install generic Wi-Fi Qualcomm driver from modded driver by the individual developer.
    broswse to necacom.net and get correct drivers from that site.

I hope it will solve
    No, that didn't work. My laptop claims it's got the "best" wifi driver and so it won't update anything. Even after going to the Asus site and downloading the updated driver, the device manager still claimed I've already got the best drivers for the laptop. Unless there's another version of the Qualcomm between my 3 and the newest 10 that will allow it to update, I'm afraid it won't work.
    Thanks for the suggestion, though!