cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Gl503G Pci Express 3.0 x4

fcsoares43
Level 9
Well i send my pc to Asus and they afirm that that port only shows in this programs like hwinfo64 and AIDA64 and more ones, when the Pc is using their SSd Nvme x4 insted ou a ssd sata m2 so if you are using this kind of SSD the PCI Express X4 slot appears in this programs if you are not using don´t appear, Well i would like to know what you think about this and if you think this is true or not. Ok

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
So what exactly is the problem with your laptop? Lower than expected performance? Why are you so worried about what those programs are showing you?
Also, diagnostic tools usually report wrong values/results on the PCIe slots/ports when they're not in use.
Run GPUz and see it for yourself. You have to put a load on the GPU for it to report the PCIe lanes usage correctly.
I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what you're trying to accomplish or fix. Please enlighten me.

If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
So what exactly is the problem with your laptop? Lower than expected performance? Why are you so worried about what those programs are showing you?
Also, diagnostic tools usually report wrong values/results on the PCIe slots/ports when they're not in use.
Run GPUz and see it for yourself. You have to put a load on the GPU for it to report the PCIe lanes usage correctly.
I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what you're trying to accomplish or fix. Please enlighten me.

If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

thanks of your advice but i like to know why the things ??? is fair enough

regards

fcsoares43 wrote:
thanks of your advice but i like to know why the things ??? is fair enough

regards

Power saving. Simple as that. The system "disables" some of the lanes when they're not in use.
Don't worry about it. It isn't broken, that's normal behavior.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Power saving. Simple as that. The system "disables" some of the lanes when they're not in use.
Don't worry about it. It isn't broken, that's normal behavior.

Thaks for your explication

Regards

raju2529
Level 7
I don't have your laptop. But some few laptops from asus having both Nvme plc 3.0x4 and also M.2 2280. if your laptop comes with hybrid slot and needs newer bios update.
use intel driver supportutility to scan completely and get complete system information. use SIV software to get all details
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
I don't have your laptop. But some few laptops from asus having both Nvme plc 3.0x4 and also M.2 2280. if your laptop comes with hybrid slot and needs newer bios update.
use intel driver supportutility to scan completely and get complete system information. use SIV software to get all details

Thanks 🙂
I tried with that software but i could not get that information