Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AFRIKA View Post
    search for an old hard drive (Non SSD) with windows and from there roll back to the bios 306 and then flash the 310 from the bios, and see if that works, if not at least you can roll back to 306 and boot with your old ssd.
    Put windows 10 on an old hard drive and that did not work. It would not boot to it but found a solution that worked for me.

Thanks for the advice AFRIKA just to let anyone else know I found and old hard drive slapped it in there and used the microsoft Create Windows 10 installation media tool. I created a USB Windows 10 installation media stick and that worked for me. put in the stick and installed a fresh copy of windows 10. I will repost when finished flashing and let people know if I was able to fix the problem and down grade from freakin forced windows flash.

ROG Member Array

Fixed working solution

Quote Originally Posted by retrsocycick View Post
    Put windows 10 on an old hard drive and that did not work. It would not boot to it but found a solution that worked for me.

Thanks for the advice AFRIKA just to let anyone else know I found and old hard drive slapped it in there and used the microsoft Create Windows 10 installation media tool. I created a USB Windows 10 installation media stick and that worked for me. put in the stick and installed a fresh copy of windows 10. I will repost when finished flashing and let people know if I was able to fix the problem and down grade from freakin forced windows flash.
    Thanks Again Credit AFRIKA for helping me start the process.

So this solution worked for me please read the previous posts to get an idea but I will quickly run through what i did.

Remember The final step to down grade the BIOS is to run win flash through command prompt. That way it wont block you with error bios is older than current version. Use link below for instructions on how to do this.

downgrade bios

If you were having trouble booting even after switching hard drives with a loaded version of windows use the step above to create a new windows install flash drive.

I downgraded to version 305 and slapped the old ssd drive and my data drive back in. I had to find an old hard drive which was time consuming looking for it so its not an easy fix if you dont have one. You will prob have to buy one or if like me you had a data drive were you didnt want to lose everything find a way to back it up and use that for the clean install. It was BS that we had to even go through this SCREW YOU Micro Soft. What ever bone head decided to automatically flash a bios is a real smart cookie. I would not be surprised if some systems brick permanently. Good luck guys.
    Last edited by retrsocycick; 06-08-2019 at 11:27 PM.

ROG Member Array

It was BS that we had to even go through this SCREW YOU Micro Soft. What ever bone head decided to automatically flash a bios is a real smart cookie. I would not be surprised if some systems brick permanently. Good luck guys.
    I think we (PC users in general) can expect to see more UEFI updates via Windows Update - https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...rmware-update/

And here's what I found in ASUS FAQ about recent UEFI update - https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040162
    BIOS updated to ensure more security when setting BIOS password
    Last Update : 2019/06/06 17:15

ASUS has released a BIOS update for notebook PCs to ensure a more secure and convenient computing experience.
    This update only affects the users who currently have a password for their BIOS or hard drive.
    Concerned users with a password should install the new BIOS update via Windows Update or download it from https://www.asus.com/support/.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks Again Credit AFRIKA for helping me start the process.

So this solution worked for me please read the previous posts to get an idea but I will quickly run through what i did.

Remember The final step to down grade the BIOS is to run win flash through command prompt. That way it wont block you with error bios is older than current version.

If you were having trouble booting even after switching hard drives with a loaded version of windows use the step above to create a new windows install flash drive.

I downgraded to version 305 and slapped the old ssd drive and my data drive back in. I had to find an old hard drive which was time consuming looking for it so its not an easy fix if you dont have one. You will prob have to buy one or if like me you had a data drive were you didnt want to lose everything find a way to back it up and use that for the clean install. It was BS that we had to even go through this SCREW YOU Micro Soft. What ever bone head decided to automatically flash a bios is a real smart cookie. I would not be surprised if some systems brick permanently. Good luck guys.
    now i have another Hard drive in case windows wants to reinstall the bios again.

ROG Junior Member Array

How do I roll back the bios to 306?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_craig View Post
    How do I roll back the bios to 306?
    search for an old hard drive (Non SSD) with windows and from there roll back to the bios 306 using the winflash app from asus, open the folder where winflash is installed, press shift + right click and press open a power shell window here.

then use the following command: .\ winflash /nodate after pressing enter, the winflash app will open, select the 306 bios and flash it.

New ROGer Array

Greetings, all. I love my GL702VM but the 310 Windows Update ruined my ability to use the keyboard and USB. The touchpad still works.
    Using the on-screen keyboard, I've tried:
    -Reverting to 305, still no keyboard
    -Reverting to 306, no keyboard but USB works sometimes
    -Upgrading to official 310, no good.

I switched back to the stock mSATA SSD and unfortunately still no keyboard access.
    Reinstalled Windows 10 from USB DVD and it worked great... until Windows updated.
    Restored from an image so I'm at least still in an on-screen keyboard state.

I don't know how to get back to a state where the keyboard works. Any clues? Asus chat unfortunately had no clues about rolling back BIOS changes.
    Thank you!

Edit: what finally worked: Fresh Win10 install from USB DVD to the NVME using a USB keyboard, block updates, download only ASUS patches from GL702VM page- running the keyboard updater after the chipset driver. Keyboard and USB are back. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by superchomp; 06-14-2019 at 02:43 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

The same problem.
    m.2 ssd Samsung 850evo 250 GB + BIOS 3.06 - works good
    m.2 ssd Samsung 850evo 250 GB + BIOS 3.10 - doesn't start
    m.2 ssd nvme Samsung pm981 512 GB + BIOS 3.06 - works good
    m.2 ssd nvme Samsung pm981 512 GB + BIOS 3.10 - works good

ROG Junior Member Array

hello.

Quote Originally Posted by AFRIKA View Post
    Hello,

this morning windows prompted me to install updates, i didn't check what updates where and i clicked restart, the computer shutted down, and restarted doing a BIOS update, i noticed that it showed a version dated around april 2019, but when i checked the last bios for this model on the asus page only shows bios dated 2017 as the last one, anyway the update process finalized the bios update, and after another reboot the laptop is stuck in the ROG logo.

i tried to enter to the bios set up but it doesn’t, i just can turn it on or off, I think windows update flashed my laptop with a wrong bios version.

what can i do? is there a way to reflash de bios with the correct one?

Thanks for the help.
    removed 850 evo in D Drive position, reinstalled sata hdd in D drive. Boots fine. 850 works in usb in closure but no longer in gl702vm. go figure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3