cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Formula XMP Profile Issue...At wits end Please assist

toytech
Level 7
Rampage 4 Formula with 1005 Bios, have 16 gb CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 installed. When I change from Auto to XMP and save changes the computer boots up to first screen and says cpu is unstable press F1 to enter Bios. Any Ideas??? The defaultt is at 1333 and I want 1600. Nothing ellse in bios has been touched, all on auto.
21 REPLIES 21

Shamino
pls set ai tuner to xmp
and set clockgen filter to enabled

8_Pack
Level 12
I would also set Rampage Tweak to mode 1 initailly.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

You are using two kids of ram yes.

The XMP profile is designed for the SB platform and for one kit of ram. When you use your ram on a different platform, and combine kits the likelihood of the XMP working is nearly zero. There are a number or reasons for that, but the main to is the fact the ram is not programed for the X79 and even while the kits may be the same model there is no certainty that they are the same in any other way. Sad but true.

You will need to increase the voltages to the VCCIO one or two notches and the VDram (two notches up from the value on the ram sticks.)

If you get stuck please post back and we will work through the process.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

8_Pack
Level 12
Good spot Hivizman!!! I did not see that part number is for a 2 x 4gb kit!!!! This could well be the same problem as previous users. Memory settings will need working at.

I woudl also suggest upping VTT to 1.20v to rule out VTT voltages.

I do appologize, my memory is CML16GX3M4A1600C9.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
The advice above is still applicable. Give those settings a try and report back... I must confess not to being a big fan of those sticks of ram. I have the white set.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Necrosan
Level 12
That is 1.5V RAM. (I have the exact same stuff.)
XMP profile doesn't work right with it on these boards for some reason.
Set DRAM voltage for channels AB/CD to 1.500 each (first page of BIOS) and set RAM speed manually. (1600)

Disable XMP profile - it will only keep your system unstable.

After completing these steps I'm confident your RAM will run at the appropriate speed & stability if the kit itself isn't defective.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers thanks Ncrosan much appreciated.

Well after many attempts I gave up and exchanged for Gskill Ram, F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL . Installed and tried xmp and same thing, I guess its a bios bug. Did exactly what Necrosan did and have success, boots up perfectly. Many thanks for all the suggestions. Had a Rampage Formula III and never had this problem period. Cheers