cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Thermal Paste Would You Use ?

NIK111
Level 7
Has anyone tried Icy Diamond Thermal Paste..This stuff is thick like Body Filler you would put in a fender ding on a car.Maybe thicker..I have herd good things about the temps though on the web but nothing here.Has no one here ever tried it..I have 2 tubes of thermal paste and debating which to use for now..The Icy Diamond or Mx4..I have ordered the Kryonaut and some KPx HP thermal compound when they come in I will test the two out and see which one wins out and post the results..
12 REPLIES 12

User_od
Level 8
I've always used Arctic Silver, has always worked well for me.
A lot of people seam to like that Grizzly Kryonaut as well.

I give me vote for Mx4 as well.

1mluer
Level 11
Not here. I changed to Noctua NT-H2 the newest version.. It's amazing and it did drop my temps big time. between 6c and 10c. No lies no BS 🙂 It also has a new consistency that binds better then the older pastes. I think the new compound is much better at thermal transfer.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

raju2529
Level 7
there are lot manufacturers producing thermal paste. We can't say that particular company is good because, different persons will like their favorite brand
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

And what about luqid metals?

DeadlyMercury wrote:
And what about luqid metals?

Always comes in with great temps, but is pretty risky if you make a mistake.. it is conductive so anything that gets on the motherboard could be catastrophic. If you are not superclocking it's not worth it in my opinion for 2 to 5 degrees from an already optimized paste.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
Always comes in with great temps, but is pretty risky if you make a mistake.. it is conductive so anything that gets on the motherboard could be catastrophic. If you are not superclocking it's not worth it in my opinion for 2 to 5 degrees from an already optimized paste.

I don't think it risky because for normal operation you use such a tiny bit of liquid metal that can't be dropped somewhere on motherboard. Also I like how it sticks to lid, it feels like magnetic (but actually it is all about wetting and surface tension).
But it is really hard to clean lid after LM interface, in most cases your cpu label will be destroyed.

Antykain
Level 7
I've been using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut lately on my 9900k and my GTX 1080.. Previously I was using Prolimatech PK-3 and Noctua NT-H2, which are both quite good as well. I've had my best results with the Kryonaut though on my end.
| ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi | Intel i9-9900K | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz 16GB | Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD | Samsung 860 1TB GB SSD x 2 | Corsair AX860i | ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz x2 | XSPC & EK Custom Watercooling |