cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS - BIOS Update 312

drazac
Level 7
Greetings,

I got a windows notification (blue ribbon across the screen) that an update is available for my gaming laptop (G752VS) and do I want it to be installed.

Clicked yes and the machine rebooted itself into a BIOS flash updater, where my bios was upgraded from 310 to 312 (G752VS.312 release date 04.04.2019.)

This looked extremely odd to me, so I went to an official asus support website to search for a change log. There seems to be no info regarding the 312 update, and the website is stating that the latest version is 310, release date back in 2017.

Official ASUS WinFlash tool is confirming this. Latest bios version from the server is 310 and I have a "newer" 312 version.

I might be paranoid, but was there an official bios upgrade for G752VS models, with release date 04.04.2019. and version 312?

If so, where is the change log?
8 REPLIES 8

raju2529
Level 7
don't worry nothing happened with new bios.
Asus does not updated in official website.
but same new bios is uploaded in Microsoft update server with their oem account.
My laptop X542UQ last week received new bios x542uq.307 from windows update. But in asus official website does not updated

I am new bios only.
after every bios upgrade, reset to bios default settings
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

show us this bios 312, i need download this.

Relaxa wrote:
show us this bios 312, i need download this.

Just look at the Asus download/driver page for your model G752....Bios updates are all there.
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

TheRealTwist
Level 7
Just as Info...I got the Bios update over Windows 10 MS Update. System did not boot afterwards....black screen for minutes....then I forced shutdown with Power key fo 10 sec. Then rebootet and resetteted itself for a few times and then BSOD with "inaccessable boot device".
Solved it by go into Bios at boot with F2, loaded defaults and set sata mode to AHCI (was set to raid).
Windows booted fine again after that.....writing this on it now.
Bios 312.....thanks for the shock MS and ASUS.....
:mad:

TheRealTwist wrote:
Just as Info...I got the Bios update over Windows 10 MS Update. System did not boot afterwards....black screen for minutes....then I forced shutdown with Power key fo 10 sec. Then rebootet and resetteted itself for a few times and then BSOD with "inaccessable boot device".
Solved it by go into Bios at boot with F2, loaded defaults and set sata mode to AHCI (was set to raid).
Windows booted fine again after that.....writing this on it now.
Bios 312.....thanks for the shock MS and ASUS.....
:mad:

Had this same problem, your solution worked! Thank you!

jeffh70
Level 7
microsoft update to 312 not to be found anymore. Only 309 in catlog

jeffh70 wrote:
microsoft update to 312 not to be found anymore. Only 309 in catlog

A couple weeks back, Microsoft, using their Windows Update Service, sent out many ASUS BIOS updates. At the time, ASUS had not posted them to their ASUS Download Center website. ASUS took a couple days to catchup.

BIOS update 312 for the G752VS laptop is now on the ASUS Download Center website.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jeffh70
Level 7
Indeed it is, never said it wasnt.
"microsoft update to 312 not to be found anymore. Only 309 in catlog"

If you update the firmware in your device manager it will load a 309 file instead of the 312 that was available first. Even though it shows the minimal version should be 312. I doubt this is of much influence if any, but I do wonder why it was availabe on win catalog before and isnt anymore. I know it was because I had a 312 in device manager before, after a clean install its a 309 in devman.